No announcement yet.

August 8th M&G - Mattawoman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you catch one I can help show you the way. There is a lot of meat on a snakehead and they are fairly easy to filet.
    Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
    Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
    https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

very cool. thanks
      Native watercraft Mariner 12.5
      Lowrance HDI 5
      Abu Garcia rods n reels

Comment

Fileting is not necessary....unless you need it to be. Just leave them whole and throw on the grill or put in the oven (after rubbing with old bay of course)
        John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
        Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
        2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Hi All: I will be joining Sat. New member, looking forward to meeting everyone and catching a few SH. I won't make it till 7:00 am though. I'll find you all if you are already out.
          WOOD DUCK 12

Comment

Count me in. I've skunked my last few outings and need to catch my 2nd snakey. I'm bringing my son with me.

Comment

Sorry. I'm going to back out of this trip.

Just got a call telling me my big boat has no compression.
              I'm too depressed to go out on the water this weekend. Good luck to all.
              2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
              Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Originally posted by buzz View Post
                Sorry. I'm going to back out of this trip.

Just got a call telling me my big boat has no compression.
                I'm too depressed to go out on the water this weekend. Good luck to all.
                No need to be depressed man. Unless there is catastrophic cracking in cylinder walls or head, new rings and gaskets should get ya going. How bad is it?
                The parts themselves aren't too pricey, just a bit of commitment and greasy knuckles.
                Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
                2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
                2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
                2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Also bowing out, son just called telling me I'm taking grandson on first kayak outing tomorrow. Looks like a spa creek perch outing followed by NO BBQ. GL everyone, looking forward to reports and pics.

Comment

I'll be on the water early. Where is lunch??? Ribs or the pizza place??? I vote Ribs. What time are we meeting for lunch and can someone post the address or ph. #. I'll be ON WATER BEFORE SUN UP
                    Tom Brown
                    Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                    2012 Hobie PA 14'
                    Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                    2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Waiting on fedex with my footpeg replacement. If I get it....I will be there

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
                      Tan-Tarpon 140
                      Lime-Pelican Matrix
                      Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Can't wait to get out there. Any word on the recent rainfall causing dirty water releases? Looking forward to lunch.
                        PigPen - Mt Airy
                        Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Lunch will be at George's at 1230. I updated the address on page 1 but here it is again: 4840 Strauss Ave Indian Head, MD 20640

See you all tomorrow!
                          Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                          Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                          https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Pretty good BBQ. I had fun y'all, and finally got to explore the back end of Mattawoman.....on an outgoing tide. Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
                            Tarpon 120
                            Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                            25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
                            http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
                            Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

How did everyone end up doing? I headed back early. Ended up with just one 15" large mouth. uploadfromtaptalk1439060030989.jpguploadfromtaptalk1439060057436.jpg

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
                              Tan-Tarpon 140
                              Lime-Pelican Matrix
                              Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

I launched pretty early. I had a 1.5 hour drive this morning so I was anxious to get on the water. I pulled in a small bass pretty close to the dock. I caught him on a rapala at the first downed tree on the dock side of the creek. I didn't put the tape on him because he wasn't too impressive. If I had to guess I'd say he was probably 15 1/8" haha. I had a chance at a snake head at the small dock close to the ramp. I saw him in the thick grass and we played "follow the frog" around for about 5 minutes. He just wouldn't eat it. He eventually got tired of me and darted off. Thanks for hosting the M&G Redfish12.

IMG_4754.jpg
                                2015 Outback

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC32..._as=subscriber

Comment

Working...
                                X