Smith Creek and doplphins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith Creek and doplphins

Went to Smith Creek this morning and on my way out to the fishing grounds I came across a small pod of dolphins. Sorry about the picture, in the far left side you can see one breaching. I thought to myself, what a great omen. On my first two passes down the rock wall I caught these impressive white perch on a 4" Z-man and they both had inhaled it. After that, not so much. One dink rock and then a couple of croakers. Wind was dead calm but I would have liked a small breeze to keep the gnats and flies off me. They were bad today. Lunch on the other hand, will be good

001.jpg003.jpg
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

sweet... sure beats working
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

I live on the Shipping Creek side of Kent Island and the Dolphins have passed through a couple of times over the last few weeks.
      Drive it like you stole it!
      2011 Hobie PA 14

Comment

Those perch are real good eating size, nice work!

One thing about perch I've notice, and this is no great revelation, but it's amazing how much fatter they get as they get above 10". The smaller one in your pic is only about a half inch shorter, but he must weigh at least 20% less.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishinfool View Post
          Those perch are real good eating size, nice work!

One thing about perch I've notice, and this is no great revelation, but it's amazing how much fatter they get as they get above 10". The smaller one in your pic is only about a half inch shorter, but he must weigh at least 20% less.
          My wife won't eat any fish with a bone in it, thus I have to filet everything if she is going to eat with me. The big one gave me at least 30% more meat than the one that was only an inch shorter. It's also why I only keep big White Perch.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Nice catch
            John Rentch
            Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
            Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

I saw breaching porpoises in front of St Jeromes a month back.....awesome sight
              14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
              2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
              X