Lid for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lid for

How can I make a lid for my milk crate.i have a black box I got from Delaware paddle sports I don't like it.

Originally posted by kdkilbo View Post
    How can I make a lid for my milk crate.i have a black box I got from Delaware paddle sports I don't like it.
    Get another milk crate and cut the bottom inch or so off of it. Put it on top like you would stack the crates and make a hinge with zip ties. You can use a bungee opposite the zip ties to lock down the lid. You can also make a "double lid" by using 3 crates. Make the first lid 3 or 4 inches tall and the second 1". Then you have a small compartment on top of your crate too.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Thanks

Comment

I did the exact thing Reel suggested and it works great. I secured the lid by attaching a small cleat to the face of the crate that a bungee loop hooks over. It is very secure and I can haul anything I want.
        Bruce

Hobie PA 14
        Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

I just used the bottom of another milk crate for the lid. The hing is made from a piece of 1/4 diameter bungee cord. The closure (not sure if you can see it in the photo) is a loop and ball.
          John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
          Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
          2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

damn how can you not like the black pak? its heavy but i fit 10+ 3600 tackle boxes in it.. my plastics and my Lowrance elite 7 inside there
            Zach Moore
            Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
            Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
            Bait Towel Pro Staff
            2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
            YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Originally posted by BassMoore View Post
              damn how can you not like the black pak? its heavy but i fit 10+ 3600 tackle boxes in it.. my plastics and my Lowrance elite 7 inside there
              Agree. I think it's an excellent product. I don't take as much tackle as you but I do carry food, water, tools, sunscreen and a few other things in mine. I like that it keeps what I carry dry in choppy water or rain and most of all I like the different configurations it provides for carrying rods. I can use it as a base mount for two trolling rods while carrying three extra rods or I can store two fly rods on it and three conventional rods. It's versatile and well-made. I've been extremely pleased with mine.

I also think the lid shown by jhoss is an excellent solution for a regular milk crate. That's good work.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
              X