some pictures from recent outings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some pictures from recent outings

A trip down to "Mallows Bay" on the Tidal Potomac River from the previous weekend. I find I catch most of my fish this time of year on a 1/4 ounce black & blue swim jig with a craw trailer. I swim it over and through the grass beds. The pointy nose on the jig allows it to slide through the grass without picking up debris and the light weight helps keep the presentation up near the surface. Most of the fishing is in 3 feet of water or less and as you can see the swim jig catches a little of everything.

From a few after work trips on my the local Maryland Reservoir. Typical summer patterns. Surface water temperature is running about 84 degrees. A 3/8th ounce football jig with a craw trailer and a 10" ribbontail plastic worm on a 3/8th ounce Confidence Baits Draggin Head. I look for the deep weed edge (which is about 12 - 15 down in this particular reservoir). Points and drop offs where the grass grows all the way out to the edge are the places I have been focusing on. Right around sunset seems to be the magical 30 minutes. No night fishing allowed here so I make the most of dusk when the fish seem to become active feeders.

Last edited by Turtle135; 07-27-2015, 10:47 AM.
    Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Wow! That's like a lifetime for me.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Great Job Dave! That Gar is pretty!
      2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Working...
      X