eddyline C-135 Stratofisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eddyline C-135 Stratofisher

I like the looks of this one . Go to eddyline web site for info .

I saw this boat at ICAST. The deck is open, uncluttered, and the boat appears to have a lot of features. If I were in the market for a wide, stable kayak that you can stand in, I'd take a hard look at it.

Comment

Always helpful to put a link, so we're all looking at the same thing. Hopefully this helps.

http://www.eddyline.com/kayak-models/c-135-stratofisher
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Wow, it's in the Donald Trump price range, and it doesn't even have pedals!

John
        John

Ocean Kayak Trident 13 Angler (Sand)
        MK Endura Max 55 backup power
        Vibe Skipjack 90

Graduate of the University of the Republic of South Vietnam, class of 1972

Comment

Damn, kayaks are getting more and more expensive! Soon its going to be cheaper to buy a jon boat again.
          "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

The day I pay $2600 for a kayak without peddles is the day I've lost my mind. That's absolutely crazy to market that to fisherman at that price point when you have both Hobie and Native kayaks that offer a much more useful form of propulsion for a cheaper price.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Too each there own . With eddyline , KC , etc. one is paying for the lighter weight , good design , and fine craftsmanship . All so I do not believe the at the curb price will be that high . I did not pay listed retail for my Eddyline Cariaben 14 or my KC12 . Due to health problems the weight of my kayak s is very important to me . After fishing with a friend that has a nucanoe( which I think is a fine fishing kayak ) and me with my KC12 , and caring them bouth I know for me I made the right decision to go with a lighter kayak . I just thought the kayak was interesting , I am not in the financial situation to go out and get one but would like to paddle one .

Comment

I totally agree to each his own. This will be a great kayak for a select group of people (especially those who want a lightweight option) just like the Hobies and Natives are a good fit for a some people. It just wouldn't be for me at that price. Sorry if I came off a little strong on that one; the price must have shocked me. lol

Hobie Fishing Team Member
                Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
                2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

i agree , if im putting out 2000 plus for a kayak its going to have pedals .
                  2016 Hobie Outback
                  2014 Jackson Kilroy

Comment

Looks pretty nice, but it is like attack of ultra expensive fishing kayaks lately. I don't have a problem paying that much for a hobie since you are paying for fine craftsmanship, excellent quality components, in addition to awesome innovations like the mirage drive.

I wonder how many of those they will sell at that price. If you add a rudder to the yakattack edition, you are probably looking at close to 3 grand. 70 pounds is a few pounds lighter than similar kayaks, but not exactly light either. And does that seat offer height adjustments? Would want it go lower than pictured for open water/rough conditions. Hurricane still beats everybody in the weight department with their angler dlx 140, weighing under 60 pounds (though they do not offer a vantage style lawnchair seat).

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boeing_C-135_Stratolifter

Thought that sounded real familiar. Air Force brat. Real plane nut when I was a kid because my dad worked on so many of them over the years.

Comment

There are a lot of real nice Yaks coming out with some cool features. The front hatch will house a Group 24 battery... very clever on their part. there are a couple other nice features too. And remember that they are including some accessories with the Yak that you would normally have to purchase (the YakAttack Edition) so that mitigates the price SOME. It is 10 to 15 pounds lighter than other yaks which will make a big difference for car topping (you might not think so but it does). I hope to take my feel free Moken out to an area where I need to portage a lot...15 pounds less weight while fighting up the side of a mountain through dense brush is important.

I feel that in order to compete against the big dogs in the Fishing Kayak realm you have to find a nitche. In order to compete against Jackson, Hobie, or Wilderness System you have to have an edge in either price, or feature. These guys seem to have chose features, specifically being lighter than the next guy.

Having said all that...too rich for my blood.
                        People who use the word "literally" wrong literally kill me.

Comment

Working...
                        X