Cambridge area public launches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cambridge area public launches

Has anyone ever put in around Cambridge in Dorchester County? I'll likely be joining some friends who are renting a house on the north side Fishing Creek off the Little Choptank in a couple of weeks. It looks to be too far up the Creek to be much good except for crabbing and maybe perch.

Ragged Point near the mouth on the north side of the Little Choptank looks like it has potential, although a bit shallow near the shorelines. Anyone ever fished out of Ragged Point?

Any intel around Cambridge would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Fishinfool; 07-21-2015, 01:42 PM.

I launched at Madison a few times in my center console and fished James Island and the outer part of the Little Choptank. There is a lot of good looking water near the ramp.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      I launched at Madison a few times in my center console and fished James Island and the outer part of the Little Choptank. There is a lot of good looking water near the ramp.
      Great John, I will check it out! Thanks!

Comment

Hi I have a trailer at Madison Bay . I am new to fishing Dorchester . I have fished Madasion Bay , Slaughter Creek , Blackwater etc. There is endless fishing in Dorchester Co. I do not think I will be down when you are , but if our schueal ever mix we could go kayak fishing . Good luck .

Comment

Originally posted by RIng View Post
          Hi I have a trailer at Madison Bay . I am new to fishing Dorchester . I have fished Madasion Bay , Slaughter Creek , Blackwater etc. There is endless fishing in Dorchester Co. I do not think I will be down when you are , but if our schueal ever mix we could go kayak fishing . Good luck .
          Yes, thanks Ring! I am intrigued by Dorchester and especially the Little Choptank. There looks to be good possibilities to go big water or small, and certainly there's high salinity, it's very clean, the possibility of multiple species , and it's pretty remote.

Considering the price of crabs, I am tempted to invest in a legal crab pot, as the crabs are better and more plentiful down there. Can't wait! Steve

Comment

I fished at a friends place last weekend on the north side of cook point road (twin point cove rd) We had a blast and got into some crazy schools of fish. The one evening the rockfish were busting up the surface for what seemed like hundreds of yards. They seemed to be going after some kind of aquatic insect. Most were in the 17 inch range but I caught a few up to 19. Another in our party got 2 keepers at 20 and 23. The next day the fish were replaced by a school in the 8-12 inch range, with the occasional 17. Oddly enough top water plugs didn't seem to work but smallish chartreuse paddle tails did in the 1/4 oz
            size as well as yozuri plugs. My friend that lives down there has caught everything from keeper specks and redfish there but usually it's rockfish and perch (which haven't shown much this year yet) This week they saw a giant 36'+ black drum hanging around.
            John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
            Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Working...
            X