Goodhands Creek Outing -- Wednesday, 22 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EMSer View Post
    I am looking to launch there on Friday and head south a mile or two to some enticing ledges and humps I see on the chart. Anyone have much luck down that way?
    I was over 2 miles south of the launch today. (Head out from the launch, turn right at the first point of land and keep going.) There are some depth changes in the areas you mentioned 50 yards from shore where the bottom varies quickly from 4 to 8 feet. But the most intriguing thing to me were the sod banks on my starboard side and the many small inlets and cuts in the shore due to erosion. Very fishy looking.

I caught two small stripers and the majority of my perch between 1.5 and 2 miles south of the launch. But none were of significant size.
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
      No disrespect intended.. quite the opposite...

Thank you for the detailed response . It will help others to understand the process of trolling.

For me.. being a paddler as opposed to a peddler.. two rods trolling shallower water is more manageable...
      ie: keeping my momentum going while reeling in fish or attending to other tasks with my hands.

I have been using the exact process you described for putting four lines out.

You answered my question about weight of jigs and the keeping your momentum underway for shallower depths.
      It's pretty much what I thought you were doing... just in my case I'll drop down to two lines in shallower depths
      to be able to manage the tackle and keep my momentum going.

I have previously reserved four lines out for longer passes and depths over five feet...

Thanks again.

Comment

Big Mike, I caught the two last Saturday while croaker fishin with shrimp. then just last night there was a full school of them feading on small shad or baitfish. they seem to love the shrimp down here. oh and I use a scent called "unibutter". its a scent used heavily in San Diego ocean fishing so I tried it here. workin well so far. but the scent might just be in my head that it works better. cause MOC caught just as many as I did without the scent.
        Rich
        Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Working...
        X