Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone want to help recreate this mount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone want to help recreate this mount?

Holy smokes this is a nice install for the 403 Ultralight motor. However, I would like to incorporate the steering of the motor into mine aswell so it'd look just a tad different. I don't know who that guys dealer is but he's getting taken for a ride if really beleives that clean of an install is $900...all my nopes, I know it can look that nice for less than half that price.

I passed through this article a couple months ago and really had to work to find it again. I've been scouring the interwebs and forums for a few months now and couldn't recall where I saw this but definitely worth the look..the guy did an incredible job!

https://www.hobiecat.com/forums/view...hilit=torqeedo
    Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
    2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
    2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
    2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

........ I know the guy ....he's a great guy .... He's in Australia. We talked back and forth while he was making his. We were both having a hard time trying to figure out how to properly mount our Torqeedos. At that time, both of us didn't like the ball mount. The screws on mine pulled out the second day using it. At that time , I didn't have a backer puck on the ball mount and the brace had slipped. He also had the problem and came up with that solution. His does not allow for steering with the engine. It cost him a bunch engineering and manufacturing it. About that time, I had that ah ha moment by realizing all you had to do was to drill 2 holes in the steering drum cover and you had the steering and a backer puck using yak attacks magic bullet or Long arms solved the problem of screws pulling out.

Anyway, I don't think he has sold any. It's not a bad solution and it is really well made but it is expensive and it means you have to lock the engine in 1 position. It simpler just to drill 2 holes and run lines. Russ came up with the turnbuckle idea and that was better than my line tightening solution.
    Last edited by Memory Maker; 07-19-2015, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X