No announcement yet.

Bay Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I got off of active duty I took a job on a commercial crab boat out of Middle River. We would crab from the mouth of the Gunpowder to the middle bay. We used to play a game where we would finish running our pots for the day and we would see a bunch of boats scattered about fishing. We would ease over a flat, no structure fishless piece of water and all three of us would starting pointing at the FF and we would all enthusiastically start casting and we would grab the net. Within 2 minutes we would be surrounded by weekenders looking to get in on the pro watermans spot. We would just ease out of the group and go back to culling crabs and washing down the deck. Good times. Now that I look back on it it was kind of a crappy thing to do but at 23 it seemed like great fun.
    Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
    Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mmacro View Post
      They were there in the morning, but they were all in the 8 inch range and a little too big for bait.
      Not really true....check out this post with pictures to prove 8 inch spot are just fine!

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/show...-quot-with-pic
      Green Old Town Loon 111
      Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Bay Bridge

Goody, Kayak Ken, and myself fished the Bay Bridge yesterday. We were using live eels. Action was slow, Goody picked up the only keeper of the day but was released because of lesions. We decided to finish the day fishing the shallow pilings and riprap with spinners. I picked up a few stripers, largest being 17" and a handful of perch. I was able to pick up a 13"+ white perch out of the riprap with a hot pink spinner.

Last edited by sparky1423; 07-20-2015, 11:30 AM.
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Mark and I arrived at Sandy Pt yesterday at 12:30 to fish from my center console. We and many other vehicles were turned away by the park rangers, who told us the park was at full capacity. I am used to fishing mostly on week days and was discouraged by the crowds and being turned away from the park.
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by Backdoc View Post
            When I got off of active duty I took a job on a commercial crab boat out of Middle River. We would crab from the mouth of the Gunpowder to the middle bay. We used to play a game where we would finish running our pots for the day and we would see a bunch of boats scattered about fishing. We would ease over a flat, no structure fishless piece of water and all three of us would starting pointing at the FF and we would all enthusiastically start casting and we would grab the net. Within 2 minutes we would be surrounded by weekenders looking to get in on the pro watermans spot. We would just ease out of the group and go back to culling crabs and washing down the deck. Good times. Now that I look back on it it was kind of a crappy thing to do but at 23 it seemed like great fun.
            And then there's the old Bay charter captain's trick when there's a lot of recreational fishing traffic around. Captain Old Salt simply dumps a bunch of crunched up oyster crackers in the water to draw all the birds to it, and then watches about a dozen boats converge on all the birds. Works every time!

Comment

Photo08161344.jpg26 inch glutten striper

Comment

Fished the BB Saturday from 6am til 12pm. Lots of big spot and big perch. lots of little stripers. And of course a CNR.
                2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                Rob

Comment

Originally posted by sparky1423 View Post
                  Goody, Kayak Ken, and myself fished the Bay Bridge yesterday. We were using live eels. Action was slow, Goody picked up the only keeper of the day but was released because of lesions. We decided to finish the day fishing the shallow pilings and riprap with spinners. I picked up a few stripers, largest being 17" and a handful of perch. I was able to pick up a 13"+ white perch out of the riprap with a hot pink spinner.

Sweet perch Jeremy!
                  2014 Hobie Dune Outback
                  2013 Ocean Kayak Yellow Trident 13
                  Rob

Comment

Might have to head out there this week, I wont complain about big spot and perch.
                    Ryan
                    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

The karma is alway true. What you did, it will come back later
                      2014 Hobie Outback
                      2016 Hobie Outback
                      2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
                      2nd PLACE
                      Slam Division

Comment

Here are some picture of the Bay Bridge in the morning hour and the one striper I caught on Sunday.

20150719_061714.jpg 20150719_061900.jpg 20150719_062242.jpg 20150719_065620.jpg 20150719_065623.jpg 20150719_091623.jpg
                        Last edited by Goody; 07-22-2015, 08:51 AM.

Outback 2015
                        Maui

Comment

Good pic goody. Thanks fishing together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          2014 Hobie Outback
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
                          2nd PLACE
                          Slam Division

Comment

Working...