Got some loving at Love Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some loving at Love Point

Put in at Terrapin Park for the first time yesterday around 3pm hoping to be in place when the tide shifted. After investigating (unsuccessfully) the Sewer Pipe and some western pilings on the bridge, I headed north towards Love Point. I found a ledge about half way up that produced a keeper on a tube and worm as well as numerous smaller, 12-18 inches - mostly on a Yo-Zuri Deep Diver. The biggest one had either lesions or wounds on it that made me think twice about keeping it for dinner. Are these common (see pic)?

After several passes, I headed back to the bridge where I pulled out another keeper from one of the pilings. I was hoping for some topwater action, but could resist throwing some BKD's right up against the pilings.

Got back to the park well after dark - much to the dislike of the local rangers. Felt kinda foolish for putting them out for coming in after dark when the place closed. Duly noted for the next time I make the long trek from the parking lot.
    Attached Files
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Nice sized fish...hate seeing them with sores, and if they have them I let them go.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Glad to see you were able to get out.

Comment

Good job! I usually let them go if they have any lesions.

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Good looking fish. Good job
          2014 Hobie Outback
          2016 Hobie Outback
          2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
          2nd PLACE
          Slam Division

Comment

I've always wanted to try launching there. How long is the walk to shore?
            I'm surprised you had no luck at the pipe. I think I've always caught at least something there when fishing from the boat. Either jigging metal or Plastics.
            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
              I've always wanted to try launching there. How long is the walk to shore?
              I'm surprised you had no luck at the pipe. I think I've always caught at least something there when fishing from the boat. Either jigging metal or Plastics.
              It's a long drag.

Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Nice fish. FYI, fish with sores like that can be safely consumed with no ill effects. They are much more common to look like that in the summer. From my understanding, many of the striper in the bay have the bacteria, they just tend to "break-out" more in the summer due to higher stress on them from warmer water and less food around
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Fished the sewer pipe and the pilings last weekend from a boat. Skunked at the sewer pipe and just a couple schoolies around the pilings. We did see a couple charter boats do pretty well live lining at the sewer pipe.

Comment

Nice glad u got some fish.im one day hoping to go out of that park there

Comment

Working...
                    X