Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiborne Landing 7/16, Lowes Island Wharf 7/17

I've been trying new launches in Talbot County
    this summer with mixed results. I hit the incoming at Tilghman Creek (at end of Cockey Rd in Claiborne) yesterday pm from @2:00-6:00. It's a pretty good paddle out towards Miles River and Eastern Bay but nice and protected in the Creek if it's too windy for big water. Caught one 16" striped on a silvery greenish rattletrap in about 5' of water about 50' from a jetty fronting the Miles River. Got some nice fat keeper perch for dinner on the way in off the bottom under piers with peeler.

I wanted to find out what the fuss was all about, so I launched today about 6:30 am at Lowes. I finally got on the board with my first keeper of the year, a 22 incher which is also my PB! He took a quarter ounce white jig with a 4" curly tail chartreuse Gulp close to a jetty. Nice to finally get the summer keeper skunk off!

I met and chatted up Paul, the proprietor at Lowes. He seems like a real nice guy and said you guys really caught some fish. That's a good launch, convenient and the $5 was certainly worth it for me today. You can go big water, or stay protected in close in creeks if the wind or tide is too dicey for a 10 + mile paddle round trip ( including everything).

Sorry about the double post. Tough posting on an I-phone.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by Fishinfool; 07-17-2015, 02:04 PM.
Working...
X