Potomac Stripers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potomac Stripers

I fished on the lower Potomac this morning and the striper action was red hot on the falling tide. I had 18 fish in the boat in a little over an hour. Unfortunately no 20" in the bunch, but I did have two 19"s. The tide started to slow and so did the fishing. The fish were concentrated in a very small area in 4' of water and they have been there most days when the wind lets you fish it. I did have a nice fish break a very fine steel leader (I think it had a kink that weakened it) on a jump and it took my favorite crank bait with it. I couldn't tell if it was a big blue or a striper, but I rarely have a striper jump. Z-Man's in white/pearl on a light lead head was what they wanted. I tried a BKD and another paddle tail with a chartreuse tail that they really didn't want anything to do with.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Great news, thanks for the report. Ill probably reserve a trip down to the 301 bridge later this summer but your pattern seems to be a reoccurring one.
    -Jon
    Revo 13

Comment

Went back out again this morning. Fish were a little tougher to come by, got 10 in a couple of hours. Around 7:30 Herndon 1425 (Scott) showed up and we headed off in search of white perch and hopefully some bigger rocks. Sometimes searches are not successful and this was the case. In desperation I switched over to a white gulp and bounced it on the bottom for a couple of decent 11" croaker and I picked up a random white perch doing this as well. I left Scott around 9 because I'm old and I was tired after 6 miles of pedaling. Hopefully he had better luck after I left.
      001.jpg
      Scott heading off into the Potomac
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Where yall putting in at? I'd love to find a nice spot in the potomac to catch some stripers!

Comment

Working...
        X