Hi all, long time lurker finally registered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi all, long time lurker finally registered

Hi all, I've been following for a long time. Met I believe was Moc this weekend for a couple minutes. Was really nice guy as you all seem. I'm long time fisherman but somewhat new to the bay. I live in Frederick , MD And probably questionable on my competence with my other fishing. I very much enjoy it as you all do. That saying "A bad of fishing is better than a good day at work" comes to mind lol

Welcome aboard.... so you actually registered. Good to meet you and you will find other anglers who live up your way on this site. Hope to see you out on the water or at our CBKA Tournament in September for a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
      Welcome aboard.... so you actually registered. Good to meet you and you will find other anglers who live up your way on this site. Hope to see you out on the water or at our CBKA Tournament in September for a good time.

Was nice meeting you also. I've actually put in for those days off. My wife and I are planning on attending. Will be our first tournament.

Comment

Welcome, hope you can make the tournament. It will be a great time.
        Jim

Hobie Outback
        TKAA member
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers inc.

Everyone should believe in something... I believe I'll go fishing.

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Hope to see you on the water.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Welcome to the club.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
            Kokatat Pro Staff
            Torqeedo Pro Staff
            Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
            Alan

Comment

Ty all for the welcome. Alan I met you at the Frederick show this year. Have really enjoyed your book.

Comment

Welcome aboard! Just saw your post in the CBKA thread, and rather than highjacking that one I figured I'd post in your thread. I think you're the first one on here to get the Hobie PA 17T, how do you like it?
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Welcome aboard. I haven't seen the word wompus since the early 60's down in Charles County. I'm guessing the definition has changed, or is it still a black cat?

Comment

We love it so far. Just to give some reference. I'm no expert any way shape or form. We have had our old town canoe almost 20 years now. We have an express boat we use on the Potomac. Last year really started kayaking we have an old town predator mx and a wilderness that we use for float trips on the Potomac. With that said I really like the 17t. Wanted something for the bay that I could take my wife or daughter with. Me son hates fishing. We actually thought of getting a second motor boat After having my predator on the bay realized how much I'm getting hooked on this kayaking and the addition to our household came about. I've been out about 7-8 times now on the bay with it Some times by myself some times 2 of us. So far I would say it is as advertised. Your more than welcome to try it. If we run into each other or in sept at cbka Still some little bugs working out though. Extremely happy.

Comment

The Wompus name. Lol haven't heard the black cat story. I used to play more computer games than I do now which is zero. The name has followed me. Came from a family thing with me. Was a monster in family called that

Comment

I'm hoping to be at CBKA, just have to wait and see how my travel schedule plays out for work. We have a tentative project that might have me out of town again...good for work, bad for fishing.
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

image.jpg

Comment

She's my right hand man and fishing buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Wompus View Post
                              She's my right hand man and fishing buddy
                              Good stuff. My daughter is my fishing buddy too.
                              Hobie fleet:
                              2017 Quest 13
                              2015 Outback
                              2014 Outback

Comment

Working...
                              X