Mariners Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariners Point

Anybody know how the fishing is at Mariners Point? Things like species, boating fees, put-in spots, etc...

I'm new to kayak fishing, both the kayaking and the fishing, so I am hungry for knowledge. I've hit Rocky Gorge and Centenial Lake... they are both a close drive from Cockeysville. What else is good out there and not a 2 hour drive?

Thanks!!

TapaTalking from my Galaxy S5

There is good fishing at Mariner Point, I know Bass, Crappie, Rockfish, Cat Fish and Perch can be caught from there. No fee for launching there is a boat ramp right near the entrance, and a few other spots where you can carry down and launch from the bank.
    Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

I was thinking about trying there, I'm just unsure about the water conditions. It's kinda off color there even without weeks of rain.
      Native Slayer 12
      Native Ultimate

Comment

There will a tournament near there, at wilson point park. this weekend july 11th
        you dont have to enter but can certainly come and get familiar with the area, meet some guys and get a little fishing in around some other kayakers
        Zach Moore
        Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
        Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
        Bait Towel Pro Staff
        2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
        YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Just pulled off the water. Paddled all the way pass the bridge with no sign of fish a in the water on the Garmin... I get back and the lady on the dock says "Any luck??? My husband just caught some bass over there (pointing in the opposite direction from where I went). Haha!! I guess better luck next time.

TapaTalking from my Galaxy S5

Comment

Same happened to me last time. I paddled all the way back to the quarry in a crazy wind and caught nothing. My buddy stayed close to the ramp a caught a few nice ones.
            Native Slayer 12
            Native Ultimate

Comment

Rocky point park (which puts you close to hartmiller island) and Ft. Armistead (access to patapsco river and bay) as well as lower and upper Susquehanna, to answer you question about locations nearer to Cockeysville. Also come to think of it the upper end of the loch raven/gunpowder river watershed is accessible from warren or sweet air road. Just note you will need a permit to if you go below warren rd. into the reservoir. I'm sure there's some others I haven't thought of.
              John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
              Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
              2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

I've had luck with perch, catfish and a few bassimage.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
                  Rocky point park (which puts you close to hartmiller island) and Ft. Armistead (access to patapsco river and bay) as well as lower and upper Susquehanna, to answer you question about locations nearer to Cockeysville. Also come to think of it the upper end of the loch raven/gunpowder river watershed is accessible from warren or sweet air road. Just note you will need a permit to if you go below warren rd. into the reservoir. I'm sure there's some others I haven't thought of.
                  So it's legal to fish north of warren rd. I have been wanting to fish that area.

Comment

Another easy launch for kayaks is at Dundee Creek. It's free and there's good largemouth bass fishing nearby. Look for the watersports shed/trailer and park close by.

About 45 minutes - an hour away is Conowingo Lake - above the dam is Broad Creek Marina. Easy launch no fee. Decent fishing in the creek or paddle out to the main lake if it's not too windy.

Below Conowingo there are 2 launches - fisherman's park is free and just below the dam. Then a few miles below is Lapidum Launch - I think it's $2 for non-trailered boats. If you decide to fish below the dam call the hotline in advance to make sure they don't have too many gates open because it can be pretty rough and dangerous when there's a lot of current. Here are the numbers to call for Conowingo dam flow Power generation: 888 457 4076
                    Spill gate 1-877 457-2525. Also website for flow conditions http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydro...phi&gage=CNWM2

Another nice place is Eden Mill in Harford County - not sure about the fishing - I only caught some chubs? but it's a nice stretch of water and pretty easy access.

Comment

Working...
                    X