Harmony anchor trolley kit on KC12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmony anchor trolley kit on KC12

I wish I had researched more befor I let the dealer sell it to me . It is on and looks good . the question I have is on the midi clam cleat that it comes with . I have not installed it as I see how it will lock the rope from moving one way but not both . Can any one tell me if it will work ? Thank you

Could you post a picture of how it is currently, and the cleat in question? Might help with suggestions.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

As of now I do not know how to do pictures . I have a new laptop and hope to learn how to do pictures soon .

Comment

Originally posted by RIng View Post
        As of now I do not know how to do pictures . I have a new laptop and hope to learn how to do pictures soon .
        If you have a "smartphone" with Tap-A-Talk, you can post them directly from your phone to the forum. That's by far the easiest way.

If you want to post them from your computer, the best way (in my opinion) is to put the pictures on a photo hosting site. I use photobucket.com, it's free. Then it will give you options to copy the "code" directly from photobucket and drop into a post here. I do it a little cleaner than that, so it doesn't add extra code. For that you just need to know the "exact" address for the image you want to put in a post and use the [img] before the address, and close it with the [/img] tags.

If you click "quote" and then click the "switch editor source mode" button:

The options in photobucket:

You can click the "Direct" or "IMG" and your computer will copy the code, then paste it into your post.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Thank you for the info.

Comment

I Google imaged a midi cam cleat and it looks like it works in the same way as most clam cleats. You're correct when saying that it only stops the line from moving in one direction.

If you anchor from your bow the current will push you away from your anchor, therefore putting tension on the anchor rope that pulls towards the bow. Facing the cleat facing your bow will "grab" your anchor line and keep you in place. However, if you anchor off the stern (with your anchor behind you), the tension on your anchor line will be towards the stern and that same cleat will not work. I would suggest installing two cleats facing opposite directions if you envision yourself anchoring off both your bow and stern.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
              I Google imaged a midi cam cleat and it looks like it works in the same way as most clam cleats. You're correct when saying that it only stops the line from moving in one direction.

If you anchor from your bow the current will push you away from your anchor, therefore putting tension on the anchor rope that pulls towards the bow. Facing the cleat facing your bow will "grab" your anchor line and keep you in place. However, if you anchor off the stern (with your anchor behind you), the tension on your anchor line will be towards the stern and that same cleat will not work. I would suggest installing two cleats facing opposite directions if you envision yourself anchoring off both your bow and stern.

Thank you that is what I thought . I will wate untell I can get a zig-zag cleat .

Comment

Working...
              X