Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hobie revo flush mounts behind the seat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hobie revo flush mounts behind the seat?

so i've been thinking of sticking these flush mounts behind the seat to replace my pvc rocket launcher. my concerns are, how much will it actually suck to try and get nuts back there to secure the flush mounts? bc of the location, looks like my reel will be closer to my body, compared with the launcher, so will that annoy me? i guess i could position them straight out instead of forward though and if i dont like them, i dont have to use them. anybody install something similar in that location?

IMG_20150630_174628023.jpgIMG_20150630_174839178.jpgIMG_20150630_174844975.jpgIMG_20150630_174616368.jpg
    sigpic

The closest thing I've come to installing something there on the Revo is when installing the thru-the-hull FF wiring on the new Revo. The wire from the transducer runs through a thru-the-hull fitting located directly behind the seat. Its tough but doable to reach. I laid on my side and reached through the center hatch.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Another option that I have seen, is to install the Hobie Sidekick bar (for the inflatable "Oh Sh%t" Pontoons) behind your seat and attach a Scotty Spine Mount to that. I couldn't find a pic of the two pieces together, but below is a pic of the mounting kit for the sidekicks.

Here is the pic the Scotty mount.

It might still be difficulty to attach washers and nuts to the back of each bolt holding the side kick bar down, but no more difficult then the flush mounts (and it only requires 4 small holes instead of the 1 5/8" hole the flush mount requires). The other thing I remember liking about this guys set up was he could use the bar to lift the back of the kayak up when putting in his hobie cart. SittingDuck (Chris) is the snaggedline member who had this set up on his Revo. I don't know if he is on here much anymore, but if you shoot him a PM, he may get back to you.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
      Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Occasionally I use Hobie rocket tubes in those flush mounts on my Revo.

They raise the rods and make them easy to access while keeping them out of the splash and out of my way.

They require no hardware but remain secure thanks to a tight fit. Yet they can be removed with a little twist and vertical force. They also have leash eyes if you care to secure them that way.

http://www.amazon.com/Hobie-Rod-Hold...bie+rod+holder
        Mark
        Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
        Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
        Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Jet, Scotty makes backing plates with nuts on them , easily pulled up to that location with string, use a long screw to hold it in position then put all the other screws in, then swap out the long screw......Jack

Comment

Originally posted by RavensDfense View Post
            Another option that I have seen, is to install the Hobie Sidekick bar (for the inflatable "Oh Sh%t" Pontoons) behind your seat and attach a Scotty Spine Mount to that. I couldn't find a pic of the two pieces together, but below is a pic of the mounting kit for the sidekicks.

Here is the pic the Scotty mount.

It might still be difficulty to attach washers and nuts to the back of each bolt holding the side kick bar down, but no more difficult then the flush mounts (and it only requires 4 small holes instead of the 1 5/8" hole the flush mount requires). The other thing I remember liking about this guys set up was he could use the bar to lift the back of the kayak up when putting in his hobie cart. SittingDuck (Chris) is the snaggedline member who had this set up on his Revo. I don't know if he is on here much anymore, but if you shoot him a PM, he may get back to you.
            hmmm, that's defintiely an interesting idea

Originally posted by Mark View Post
            Occasionally I use Hobie rocket tubes in those flush mounts on my Revo.

They raise the rods and make them easy to access while keeping them out of the splash and out of my way.

They require no hardware but remain secure thanks to a tight fit. Yet they can be removed with a little twist and vertical force. They also have leash eyes if you care to secure them that way.

http://www.amazon.com/Hobie-Rod-Hold...bie+rod+holder
            i'm trying to position the rod tips forward within sight and spread them out to the left and right. basically same as my current rocket launcher without the PVC bulk

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
            Jet, Scotty makes backing plates with nuts on them , easily pulled up to that location with string, use a long screw to hold it in position then put all the other screws in, then swap out the long screw......Jack
            totally forgot about those, thanks!
            sigpic

Comment

Another option for your Revo if you want the rod tips visible is to use a BlackPak and hang Scotty Rod holders with extenders off of it.

Here's what it looks like from above:

B.jpg

A side view:

G.jpg

There is no mistaking fish hits when you can actually see the rod tips.

Of course this option requires the "bulk" of a BlackPak. But I like the storage it provides, especially in my space-challenged Revo.
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I put a ramball there on my old revo and it wasn't all that bad to put the nuts on the back. I put masking tape on one side of a wrench to hold the nut and then just screwed it in so it ripped the tape. It extended my reach and kept the nut from falling out while I was trying to get things rigged up. The ramball was nice, but I've been trying to work out something similar for my outback. The issue with the scotty flushmount is that I doubt it will sit flat on the curved hull. I'd double check before you cut that hole!
                Hobie Local Fishing Team - Backyard Boats
                Locations in Annapolis, MD and Woodbridge, VA
                https://www.backyardboats.com/

Comment

Working...
                X