Smith creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smith creek

Anyone going out tomorrow I'm going to try smith creek in the morning around 6

New to area where is smith creek?
    Drive it like you stole it!
    2011 Hobie PA 14

Comment

Tom, did you get out? How was it if you did.

Smith Creek is in St Mary's county and is 4 or 5 miles north of Point Lookout on the Potomac. There is a free ramp about 1 mile from the mouth.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I ended up fishing Smith Creek in my Red Revo on Sunday with Grady Black, RonAult, and Kevinfry. It was my first time there and the weather was great. The area is quite beautiful with lots of different forms of fishing habitat. I fished from 7:30am to 1pm. I ended up catch my first spot of the year.... a micro spot about 1.5 inches...lol. I also caught a crab that was boated and released. I jigged some grassy ledges and pulled out an 18 inch rockfish. Not a keeper, but some nice pullage. I got to bottom fish and landed about 35 croakers. They were not as big as I had hoped. Out of 35, I kept only 5 of the larger ones. I saw many paddle yakers fishing on the water. I spoke briefly to two of them to see how they were doing.
        Attached Files

Comment

Yes I did big Mike I met some of the guys it was a little slow but not bad20150705_080046-1.jpg

Comment

Nice to meet you out there Tom.
            Thanks for the Smith Creek intel.
            GB

Originally posted by Tom View Post
            Yes I did big Mike I met some of the guys it was a little slow but not bad[ATTACH=CONFIG]16323[/ATTACH]

Comment

Not a problem mrGB hope we can do it again sometime

Comment

hey all, are you guys launching out near Courtneys restaurant or further north near Spinnakers??? I always launch north of all that at blue heaven marina. ill have to meet up with you all next time you head out my way. Smith creek is about 10 minute drive for me.
                Rich
                Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Keep me in mind next time you go to Smith's creek. I've never been there but would like to try it. Thanks.
                  Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                  Cobra Explorer

Comment

Originally posted by fishinggod View Post
                    hey all, are you guys launching out near Courtneys restaurant or further north near Spinnakers??? I always launch north of all that at blue heaven marina. ill have to meet up with you all next time you head out my way. Smith creek is about 10 minute drive for me.
                    Most of us launch from the public ramp on the opposite shore from Courtney's, it's known as St Inigoes. It's much closer to the mouth than Blue Haven and you don't need to carry your kayak down to the dock. If you trailer your PA it has parking for about 10 cars with trailers.

Peggy, let me know when you want to go. I can fish almost any day of the week and go to spots based on wind and whim. Having your schedule makes it any easy decision for me.
                    Mike

Comment

big mike, I've never launched from there but I see it on google maps. not much further of a drive for me. ill have to check it out. thanks.
                      Rich
                      Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

Comment

Originally posted by Big Mike View Post
                        Most of us launch from the public ramp on the opposite shore from Courtney's, it's known as St Inigoes. It's much closer to the mouth than Blue Haven and you don't need to carry your kayak down to the dock. If you trailer your PA it has parking for about 10 cars with trailers.

Peggy, let me know when you want to go. I can fish almost any day of the week and go to spots based on wind and whim. Having your schedule makes it any easy decision for me.
                        St Inigoes is where I launched too.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Moc - nice touch. I've been meaning to do something similar but keep forgetting. Thanks.
                          Mike

Comment

What big Mike said lol looks like I have to work tomorrow going to try Sunday hope to meet you peggy

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                              What big Mike said lol looks like I have to work tomorrow going to try Sunday hope to meet you peggy
                              Me too, Tom. Looking forward to meeting everyone! If I were not going to the Meet and Greet I'd join you.
                              Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
                              Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
                              X