New WS Kayak with pedal power & trolling motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New WS Kayak with pedal power & trolling motor

More info to be released at icast mid july.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U2hYfrudcpc&sns=fb
    2013 PRO ANGLER 12
    2013 Cuda 12

Awesome!!!
    Michael
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
    Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Looks like I'll be selling one of the PAs ........... Always loved the WS Ride ......... It was my first yak

Comment

Sweet, cant wait to give it a test ride.
        Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
        Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Agree looks pretty awesome... gotta think the WS will be a lot easier to manage then the barge Outback...

Comment

Imho trolling motors runs against the spirit of using a kayak. Human-powered or it's not kayaking.

Comment

Originally posted by daolai View Post
              Agree looks pretty awesome... gotta think the WS will be a lot easier to manage then the barge Outback...
              You shut your mouse!

Pretty soon everyone will have a pedal powered kayak in their line. I'm not sure what everyone was doing with a paddle in their hands for a "hands free" kayak teaser. LOL
              Hobie fleet:
              2017 Quest 13
              2015 Outback
              2014 Outback

Comment

Curious how the trolling motor is mounted. It's definitely a torqeedo but I did not see any mounting hardware on the kayak. Maybe it fits in the well of the pedal drive system like the evolve? I like the clean install of the battery but it seems like a waste of precious real estate on the deck.
                2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
                2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                  You shut your mouse!

Pretty soon everyone will have a pedal powered kayak in their line. I'm not sure what everyone was doing with a paddle in their hands for a "hands free" kayak teaser. LOL
                  +1
                  Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
                  Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I'm guessing it a drive unit, motor or peddle, for the flex pod systems in the thrashers and ATAKS.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

Originally posted by BalmerBrian View Post
                      Imho trolling motors runs against the spirit of using a kayak. Human-powered or it's not kayaking.
                      Dude ......... It's really not kayaking unless it's made of whale bone and seal skin ......... Plastic goes against the spirit of Yakin ......... We are all yakers ........ We don't get on you for sweating you butt off paddling against wind wave and tide so don't get on us when we circle you while drinking our martinis and offering you a towel to wipe your sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by reel-em-in View Post
                        I'm guessing it a drive unit, motor or peddle, for the flex pod systems in the thrashers and ATAKS.
                        I think you are correct but wasn't one of the yak's in the video a Ride?

Is the pods on the ride the same size as the atak and thrasher?
                        2013 PRO ANGLER 12
                        2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                          Dude ......... It's really not kayaking unless it's made of whale bone and seal skin ......... Plastic goes against the spirit of Yakin ......... We are all yakers ........ We don't get on you for sweating you butt off paddling against wind wave and tide so don't get on us when we circle you while drinking our martinis and offering you a towel to wipe your sweat.
                          Might as well have a john boat. It has room for a blender and scantily clad women.

Comment

Originally posted by Memory Maker View Post
                            I agree. These SOT are hardly kayaks. I can stand and fly cast from mine. It's as plastic boat. If you can't Eskimo roll then its not as true kayak, whale bone aside I'm sure you can make a dory or prawl from whale bone and leather.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
                            PigPen - Mt Airy
                            Native Mariner 12.5

Comment

Originally posted by CAGE RATTLER View Post
                              I think you are correct but wasn't one of the yak's in the video a Ride?
                              Yes, the last orange kayak was a ride and you can tell buy the Oval hatch up front. Both the ATAK and Thresher have a large dark cover that acts as a top over the front tankwell.
                              "If you can't have fun doing it, it ain't worth doing." ... or you're just doing it wrong.

My Blog "Confessions of a fisherman, hunter and tinkerer"

Comment

Working...
                              X