No announcement yet.

Anyone going out on Saturday the 4th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'll stay local Sat. Ft Armistead or Ft Smallwood. Sunday will hit the bay
    Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
    Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Peggy I hope to see you there Sunday. Daddy G. will you be joining us on Sunday at Mattapeake
      Tom Brown
      Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
      2012 Hobie PA 14'
      Ocean Kayak Tident 13
      2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by daddyg View Post
        I think I'll stay local Sat. Ft Armistead or Ft Smallwood. Sunday will hit the bay
        I fished White Rocks today and did well. 3 catfish all around 3-4 pounds, dozens of perch but only 2 longer than 10", and scattered schoolies. Most everything was caught with worms fishing around an underwater boulder opposite side of Ft Smallwood. Nobody around me was catching anything, but that was the spot. Started around 8 and ran out of worms by 10:30.
        2015 Hobie Outback
        2001 Dagger Cayman

John

Comment

I am going to give Ft. Armstead a go tommorrow, thinking afternoon to evening as the chance of storms drops by then. What time were you thinking?

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
            I am going to give Ft. Armstead a go tommorrow, thinking afternoon to evening as the chance of storms drops by then. What time were you thinking?
            tide is 8:11 I'll be there 7:30 / 8:00
            Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Where are you putting in at? I can't get out until after 8 am but I might see you out there depending where you put in...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
              - Justin
              2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
              2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Originally posted by jmt1980 View Post
                Where are you putting in at? I can't get out until after 8 am but I might see you out there depending where you put in...

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
                Looks like Ft Armistead is it. Hope to see you there.
                Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I will probably hit Southern MD on Sunday.

Comment

Going to try crabbing for the first time tomorrow. Using hand lines, with various bait. Hopefully the weather cooperates, Cowkid2 will be paddling in a borrowed Moken. This will be her first time skippering a kayak solo on the "bay".
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                      Going to try crabbing for the first time tomorrow. Using hand lines, with various bait. Hopefully the weather cooperates, Cowkid2 will be paddling in a borrowed Moken. This will be her first time skippering a kayak solo on the "bay".
                      Where you trying? You got me intrigued, always something I've been thinking about. You going to hand line from in the kayak or just find an area and get out?

Comment

tide is 8:11 I'll be there 7:30 / 8:00
                        Haven't loaded up yet but if I get my shake of the cobwebs in the morning I might try to catch up with you. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by DonV View Post
                          Where you trying? You got me intrigued, always something I've been thinking about. You going to hand line from in the kayak or just find an area and get out?
                          Going to launch at JG. Not sure what time, slack tide starts around 7am. Hopefully we catch the last hour or so of incoming.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

I crabbed today out of jg today with handlines. Got skunked. But had a few on the lines.
                            8am the water was smooth like glass and by 11 it was getting choppy. Who knows with tomm being the 4th when it will start getting choppy
                            2014 Tarpon 120

Comment

There were several people crabbing near Jonas on July 2 when Raptor, J. Rentch and I were fishing. One couple was crabbing from a canoe. Some were running lines and others were using traps.

None of them were having luck when we asked how they were doing.

From that perspective we had a lot in common with the crabbers since we could not find stripers either.

I hope you guys break the crab code at Jonas. If you do, work on the striper puzzle next.

Good luck,
                              Mark
                              Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                              Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                              Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                                Wondering if you gave it a try and how it went? Any tips on technique?

Comment

Working...
                                X