Unique way to catch Cobia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique way to catch Cobia

Talk about making good of a unique situation ... https://youtu.be/BA2JFOvorZk This guy's videos are always entertaining.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

There was no way that hand-gaffing a butterfly ray from a kayak will end well. Haha

Hobie Fishing Team Member
    Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
    2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

I might enjoy catching rays if they always had schools of cobia hanging around them!

No way I'm gaffing a ray next to the kayak though. I don't need that thing flailing it's barb around as it goes crazy boat side any longer than it takes me to cut the line. Good thing he had a quality leash!

Class dismissed...
      Brian

Comment

That was insane!
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Great Video, nice BFR, I cant believe the amount Cobia swimming around.
          Freddie T

2016 Hobie Outback LE #236
          Torqeedo Ultralight 403

Comment

Originally posted by Slobber Bob View Post
            I might enjoy catching rays if they always had schools of cobia hanging around them!

No way I'm gaffing a ray next to the kayak though. I don't need that thing flailing it's barb around as it goes crazy boat side any longer than it takes me to cut the line. Good thing he had a quality leash!

Class dismissed...
            If you look closely, the ray was missing it's tail/barb. He said that is the only reason he tried to remove the hook.

2015 Viking Profish Reload

Comment

I actually did notice that because the ray looks like it could be either an atlantic, southern or roughtail ray and they have pretty long tails with the barb located about halfway down it. But the one he caught had a stubby tail like it was cut or bit off.
              Brian

Comment

Working...
              X