Chicken necks for crabbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken necks for crabbing

Does anyone know where I can buy bulk chicken necks around the Annapolis area? I tried a couple different grocery stores and talked to the butchers and they don't even sell chicken necks anymore.?! I need roughly 10 pounds to run my 1200 feet of trotline. Any help is much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by KDT88 View Post
    Does anyone know where I can buy bulk chicken necks around the Annapolis area? I tried a couple different grocery stores and talked to the butchers and they don't even sell chicken necks anymore.?! I need roughly 10 pounds to run my 1200 feet of trotline. Any help is much appreciated!

All Tackle in Parole Town Center sells frozen 5lb bags of chicken necks. I've asked the grocery stores as well, but thad the same luck as you.

Comment

Not exactly close, but if you are ever around the Baltimore area, clydes sport shop on Hammonds Ferry carries 10lb boxes of them.

Comment

Also, you sure you need 10lbs to run a 1,200 foot line? I run lines regularly and do not go through nearly that amount, I cut most in half though... I probably use 3 or 3.5 lbs as I get several crabbing trips off of one 10lb box...

Comment

I get mine at the local grocery stores. Mars has the regularly up here. Perhaps with the slowing of crabbing the stores have slowed too.
          All the bait and tackle stores seem to have them as well. I'm sure Anglers would have something.

Light Tackle Kayak Trolling the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Kayak Jigging the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Light Tackle Fishing Patterns of the Chesapeake Bay, Author
          Kokatat Pro Staff
          Torqeedo Pro Staff
          Humminbird Pro Staff

2011 Ivory Dune Outback and 2018 Solo Skiff
          Alan

Comment

Thanks guys. I found them at Anglers!

Comment

I was about to say that I got them at Anglers before also. I also get them at the large international grocery stores.

Comment

Well this answers a question I had too! .....just need to rig the PVC up to my kayak and I'll be trotlining soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                Hidden Oak 2014 NATIVE SLAYER PROPEL 13
                Tarpon 120
                Ascend D10T

Personal bests
                25 &1/4" Pickerel

SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjKlcf7rw_SwanvTarJVCg
                Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Beyon...46820392155412

Comment

Working...
                X