St Inogoes/Smith Creek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Inogoes/Smith Creek

Yak67 (Gary) and I hit St Inigoes/Smith Creek this morning hoping for lots of croaker and a smattering of rocks. We had to settle for a few croaker as the bluebird skies kept fish off of the flat we’ve been catching them on. Some of the croaker were in the 12” class so the quality was good and we each ended up with over half a dozen caught. Unlike Tom we did not see a single rock in 4 hours of fishing. Towards the end of the day a boat came by bow fishing for CNR and they seemed to be doing very well, kind of hoped they would do better.
    001.jpg
    Gary searching for croaker
    002.jpg
    Taking a break
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

No rock I can't believe they were in and out that quick lol they were everywhere Sunday the top picture looks about were I was

Comment

The rain has dropped the water temps- I would try deeper water around the edges of the channel. You would be surprised just how much salinity, temps and tides affect the fishing- I wanted to go but decided to let the water clean up and warm up for a few days so I have the afternoon tides the way I prefer them...fish are there, just not in the right mood...
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Thanks Mike for showing me the ropes today. It was a good day fishing. The weather was awesome!!!

Yak67
        PA-14

Comment

We did fish the deeper water along the edge going in and out of the creek, really not marking any fish other than bait. I also went out to the edge way out in the Potomac with the same result. Some days you catch the fish, some days you don't. It was still a nice day to be on the water, albeit a tad windier than Windfinder predicted.
          Mike
          Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Working...
          X