New to kayak fishing ISO fishing partner in the southern md area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to kayak fishing ISO fishing partner in the southern md area

Hello everyone. New to kayaks but not fishing. I got a feel free lure 11.5 for Father's Day and have been out at Gilbert run and Nanjemoy creek twice each so far. I am officially hooked and love my new spring and summer hobby! Is anyone on here from the La Plata or the southern md area interested in hooking up to do some fishing?

Welcome to the addiction. I know there are a lot of members either in Southern MD or fish Southern MD. I actually fished down there a few times over the last few weeks. I fished Bushwood, and Point Look out State Park. I have also fished St Jeromes Creek. I am sure others will post.

Comment

Hello Mearsje;

I too am new to CBKA. I live in NE BACO/Perry Hall. Long time angler, long time paddle craft enthusiast. I use a Mad River Adventure 14 Canoe hybrid to fish. Most recreational paddling is in canoes. I tried both styles of kayaks but had difficulty with seating arrangement due to both knees being replaced. At 73 I do a lot of hiking, biking, fishing, bow hunting, paddling and all around home handyman.

I am looking forward to my first CBKA Meet & Greet. Presently mounting a YAKGEAR DELUX ANCHOR TROLLEY SYSTEM on my 'CANYAK.' just upgraded my anchor system to include the 3.5lb folding fluke anchor, shackle, chair and 100' 3/8" rode. I use a homemade 1" PVC horizontal "H" design rode storage rack that fits neatly behind my seat for easy access. Often I will fish with a drift chute more so than the anchor and the trolley system will allow me to easily adjust my directional drift.

I do a lot of my fishing in the coastal bays for flounder because I know the waters and enjoy eating flounder fillets.

Keep in touch.

Joe

Comment

Working...
      X