VA Beach Fishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VA Beach Fishing?

Hey all, I'm down here until Wednesday at my gf's place and brought my kayak down. I wanted to maximize my chances of catching fish (flounder/sheepies/puppy drum) specifically and was wondering if you guys had any recommendations? I was thinking rudee inlet but I've never kayak fished down here before so any pointers and tips would be much appreciated! Also, I'd be very interested in tagging along with someone to show me the ropes to sheepshead fishing as I've never done it before!

Happy Friday!
    Nikki

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120
    Liquid Logic Manta Ray 14

HRBT is good for flounder, grey trout, and stripers. Best time to go is at night, launch from the willoughby ramp to fish the south end or Old point comfort marina to fish the norht end
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Thanks Ryan for the recommendation, I actually don't have a light rigged up on my yak and its a paddle yak so I'm not sure if just a headlamp would suffice for night fishing any other places I could check out during the early AM?
      Nikki

Comment

You can certainly fish there in the day too, but I have only at night.
        Ryan
        Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
        Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

I live really close to there. We having catching short flounder in lynnhaven. I want to go back this week after work. Rudee is usually productive as well but Lynn has more current. Get up with me, if I'm free I'll join

Comment

I'm thinking about hitting Rudee inlet and launching at the museum tomorrow morning and staying in the cove for the most part due to the wind forecasts. If you'd like to join me that would be cool!
            Nikki

Comment

I wont be off work until 4 then about 45 min to get there so it would be later if I did

Comment

Awe man. I'd be hitting it early morning and be on the water by 7, do you know if the puppy drum are back there? Or is t just during the spring/fall that they're here
                Nikki

Comment

There were a few in there a month or 2 ago. Not many. Haven't seen many reports for there on tkaa. Lynnhaven I got into a couple schools last Wed along with lots of short flounder. I'll be headed back to lynnhaven at least on evening this week

Comment

Alright cool, thanks for the heads up! I'm going to be down here until Wednesday so maybe we can try to launch together that evening if our schedules would line up. I'll let you know if I'll be free by tmrw night!
                    Nikki

Comment

Just reading up on this thread. I'll be there this Friday on the way to a buddies house for the 4th. Hoping to hit the first falling tide in the morning but I have yet to check the charts. A friend on mine gave me some places to hit in Lynnhaven not far from the mouth of the inlet. Any reports on your time out is appreciated. Hoping to get some tacos going that night. Good Luck!
                      Last edited by jsnyd86; 07-01-2015, 08:49 AM.
                      -Jon
                      Revo 13

Comment

How's you guys do? I was out Friday from 12-3:30. Those who I talked to weren't catching much but as I came in someone said they were catching on the west side near the river. I worked the east side and stayed in the bay. Only caught a baby flounder and a croaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        -Jon
                        Revo 13

Comment

I never made it out there. Worked late so ended up fishing closer to home on tuesday

Comment

Inside Rudee Inlet can be productive for flounder around the bridge and close to the rock jetty dragging mud minnow flounder sandwiches
                            "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
                            2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
                            "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
                            Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Working...
                            X