Skunked at the CBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunked at the CBB

Went out last night after work and launched at SPSP around 7 and fished for about 3 hours. I fished all the pilings through the bend and back and came up empty.

The tide was dead low when I started and the current was very light. Water didn't start moving back in until after 9pm. The place was devoid of markings on the FF.

I know the tide was not ideal, but I didn't expect to see the area as devoid of fish as I did. Spoke with other kayakers and boaters and nobody was boating anything. Is anyone having luck out there this month?
    Bruce

Hobie PA 14
    Wilderness System, Thresher 155

I talked to a non-kayak friend last night. He gave me some specific piling numbers where he was in the process of catching about 5:00 pm. I visited them this morning in my center console. I managed to snag two large menhaden (8-10") and one small striper. I ran 45 miles in all today and caught no other fish. It was a frustrating morning.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
    X