Cacapon River

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cacapon River

I met a dude when I used to work at BPS that said float trips down the Cacapon are fun. That being said, I've dranken way too many beers since then to even remember an ounce of what he told me to do (7 years ago). Does anyone have any insight on put-in spots, and camping. Figured I'd ask on here before I do some research.

Thanks!

I cannot answer you with the specifics you seek but I have floated the Cacapon. I don't know where we put in but we pulled out at my friend's cabin which was up the mountain near the town of Berkeley Springs. So we were somewhere upriver from there. It was an all-day trip in the summer and frankly we dragged my Old Town canoe many times through water too shallow to fish or over dry gravel beds. The Cacapon is not a large river where I was on it -- maybe 20 to 30 yards wide over most of the trip. Yet, the smallmouth were plentiful, albeit small. Also, there are lots of small sunfish in the river. It's a fun place to fly fish with surface flies or suspending flies. No point in trying to go deep because there was no "deep."

Good luck,
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Working...
    X