Bay Bridge Kayak launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bay Bridge Kayak launch

I see that a number of you launch out of Sandy Point State park. Is there a kayak launch site on the east side of Bay Bridge?

Thanks

Yes. It is called Terrapin state park. Free. Good parking. Warning, it is over a half mile walk to the beach from the parking lot. Then pretty deep sand. But you are pretty close to the sewer pipe which is a popular spot for stripers. Lots of crab pots along the way- if you wanted to drop a crab pot on your way out. It is nice but you better have kayak wheels and some motivation to walk along the paved path to the beach. Pretty brutal. Good luck. Plenty of us go out of there.

Comment

It's not free, unless that changed this year.
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

The mandatory use of parking passes was revoked and now you can park without having to buy a parking pass from the near by deli/gas station

Comment

Is that true for all of Queen Annes County? Do you still need to get the sticker for any of their launches?
          Bruce

Hobie PA 14
          Wilderness System, Thresher 155

Comment

Originally posted by YWEI View Post
            The mandatory use of parking passes was revoked and now you can park without having to buy a parking pass from the near by deli/gas station
            Could you point me (us) to something that outlines that in writing?
            Hobie fleet:
            2017 Quest 13
            2015 Outback
            2014 Outback

Comment

You still need a parking pass to use Queen Annes County launches like Matapeake, Romancoke, Goodhands, etc......

http://www.parksnrec.org/hiker-biker...andings-piers/

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                I am not sure 100% about Terrapin Park, but I did find this on the website:

"Terrapin Nature Park

Address: 191 Log Canoe Circle, Stevensville, MD 21666
                Hours: Dawn to Dusk
                Directions: Rt. 50/301 to North Rt. 8 to Log Canoe Circle, turn left, continue to parking area on left.
                Pets: On Leash
                Fees: None
                Description: This award-winning 276-acre nature park features a 3.25-mile oyster chaff walking trail, which meanders through wildflower meadows, wetlands, tidal ponds, woodlands and sandy beaches. The trail provides a unique vantage point for viewing an incredible variety of waterfowl, wildlife and plant species. A gazebo and wheelchair-accessible boardwalk, located along the beach afford a spectacular view of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and park benches located along the trail provides a brief respite for the weary. The trail, which wanders over several ridges, across marshlands and through woodlands, features two observation blinds overlooking the tidal ponds. The trail connects to the County’s Cross Island Trail system. Portable toilets are available year round."

I got it from this site:

http://www.parksnrec.org/hiker-biker...arks-and-maps/

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                  I am not sure 100% about Terrapin Park, but I did find this on the website...

http://www.parksnrec.org/hiker-biker...arks-and-maps/
                  Thanks MOC!
                  Hobie fleet:
                  2017 Quest 13
                  2015 Outback
                  2014 Outback

Comment

Looking at Google Earth I'm having a hard time locating a parking area.

Comment

Originally posted by Elsea View Post
                      Looking at Google Earth I'm having a hard time locating a parking area.
                      It not where you would think to look.
                      Hobie fleet:
                      2017 Quest 13
                      2015 Outback
                      2014 Outback

Comment

It not where you would think to look.
                        Thanks!!

Comment

I had bought annual pass last year. Because I got a written warning once, and was checked for my pass twice. Went there last month, stayed all day, no pass, nobody checks anything. Too bad I managed not to catch anything. Not even a nibble. But thats just me.
                          “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

http://m.myeasternshoremd.com/news/q....html?mode=jqm

Its on the department of recreation site also somewhere, i just couldnt locate it. Its burried in the past pages someplace. Also, the season launch use pass is good now for Romancoke and Mattapeake if launching a kayak or canoe. In the past you had to buy the daily pass at the machine if Im correct. It just might not have been this year that, thAt change took place.

Comment

Working...
                            X