Wise Point Sat 6-20-15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wise Point Sat 6-20-15

Met ComeOnFish and HokieDJ at the launch. We were going after cobia, founder and sheeps.

Very nice day to yak fish. Sunny, light winds, and calm waters.

We caught fish, and the second pic shows you the wonderful keepers we took home.
    Attached Files
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Must have landed after dark on the keeper photo. Where they flounder?
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Yeah, the second picture is absolute darkness...
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

I'm thinking it was a joke!
        2015 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OLIVE HOBIE OUTBACK
        2013 OCEAN KAYAK TRIDENT 13

JEREMY D

Comment

I'm curious, what is all the black material down the side of those to yaks and what purpose is it serving?

Nice catches btw!
          Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
          2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
          2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
          2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

He means we brought home nothing.

We caught lots of short flounders. Some even short by 1/4 inch. Water was dirty for the most part.

The black lining is to protect the yak from scrapes when fishing next to bridge pilings.

Comment

Originally posted by HokieDJ View Post
              The black lining is to protect the yak from scrapes when fishing next to bridge pilings.
              Thats what I was guessing but wanted to be sure. Good idea! What did you use to achcieve that mod?
              Christopher

2016 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Torqueedo Ultralight 403, Mad Frog Gear Boards, Elite-5 ti, Berley Pro Visor and Transducer mount and some other goodies...
              2016 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-5 ti, BerleyPro Visor and Transducer mount
              2013 PA 14' Olvie Drab, Elite-4x Chirp
              2013 PA 12' Olvie Drab, Elite-4 HDI

Comment

Yep, what do you see in the 2nd pic?...absolutely nothing...lol...

We often fish near pilings (e.g., CBBT). No mod; I just use garden hose and duct tape for yak protection.

Comment

Did you guys try for sheeps at the section of bridge going over Fisherman's Inlet or go all the way over the High ride area?
                  Brian

Comment

We stayed at the inlet bridge. I think Tufnik tried for sheepies but no joy. I heard people have to gone to the hi rise for sheepies but it seems far from the inlet.

Comment

I've made the journey to the high rise from wise point before and it is a far ride that's why I was curious. It also smells like sh*t over there from all the bird crap on the pilings with the big foundations.
                      Brian

Comment

[QUOTE=Slobber Bob It also smells like sh*t over there from all the bird crap on the pilings with the big foundations.[/QUOTE]

+1 ��

Comment

I was thinking of going but it's not like the 1st island where you can fish while you go. With the hi rise it's like open water till you get there. Anything good there that's worth the trip?

Comment

Depending on the time of the year, you can always troll on the way....reds,striper, and off troll bait fish for croaker and kingfish. But, when I go to the highrise, I am usually on a mission, and just put the yak in cruise and hump it all the way. It is really not that bad of a trek, but you have to pick your days (tide and wind). The deal is you have to be comfortable with putting 10-12 miles in out in open water.

Comment

Is that 10 miles one way? Seems like 4-5 miles from the inlet bridge and you're there at pilings in maybe 20-30 ft of water, right? If it's 10 miles one way, forget it. Bad enough going 3 miles to the 1st island from Chic's beach, not to mention the ripping currents.

I spent most of my time hanging fleas and looking for sheeps at the inlet bridge. Nada, not even croaker or toad.

Comment

Working...
                              X