Jonas green park?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas green park?

Does Anybody have info on Jonas green park in anapolis I am going there Monday and have never been there and have no idea how or what to fish for.

Are you part of the HOW event?

If so there will be guides on the water that morning to help you.

Otherwise the Severn's tributaries are holding sporadic pockets of white perch and pickerel. 1/8 oz. jig spinners seem to be the bait of choice when they're biting. Look for shoreline structure in shade.

Trolling 1/2 oz. jigs with plastic trailers or similar sized crank baits at certain areas between the bridges may yield some stripers. But they have been sparse (to non-existent) near Jonas since the end of May.

Good luck,
    Mark
    Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
    Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
    Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Trailers are not allowed to be parked at Jonas Green. You will launch off of a beach. The wind forecast for Monday morning is 13-14 knots from the NW. If that remains correct, that means it will be blowing directly onto the beach and is likely to set up some waves for your launch.

I fished this morning in three Severn tributaries near to Jonas Green. The bite was very slow today. In three hours of steady casting, I managed 4 perch and 2 pickerel -- not a banner day.

One other form of fishing that I have not tried this year is bottom fishing over the old bridge debris pile (directly off the end of the fishing pier) or over oyster shell bottom. If the perch are not biting well in the shallows and the stripers are not set up nearby for trolling, bottom fishing could be a trip saver.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
      X