Quick After Work Trip Yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick After Work Trip Yesterday

Finally a fish worth pulling the camera out for. On my local Maryland reservoir yesterday after work. Of late I've been doing alright with the 15" to 17" largemouth but the better fish have been eluding me. This one went five pounds on the nose.

3/8th ounce football jig with a baby paca craw, I tie the skirt with round rubber. I was working along the 18 foot deep contour line. Made a long cast, let the jig hit the bottom, then just let it sit still for 30 seconds. Did not feel the tap, just saw the line start to move. The water is extremely clear in this reservoir and the place gets a lot of fishing pressure. Frequently the best retrieve is no retrieve at all. A bass hunting along the contour will see the jig and craw just fine. Excessive movement seems to deter the older fish.

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

schnikes that's a big green fish great work!

Comment

Sweet fish. I'm always amazed at how many fish I catch when I'm messing around after a cast and not retrieving. Of course I rarely do this in practice, too impatient.
      Mike
      Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

I find that adults rarely have the patience to retrieve slowly. Kids on the other hand, retrieve slowly enough that big fish bite their lure. Be more like kids, I say.

Comment

Nice Job Dave! That's a pretty Fish!!
          2013 Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice one Dave
            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

Nice fatty!
              Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
              Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
              Northern Pike: 24 inches
              Crappie: 12 inches
              Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

+1 on minimal movement. Especially on very slow days, when I exhaust all my techniques and nothing bites, I caught fish "unintentionally" while lure was just falling or just laying on the bottom.
                “As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler.” - Izaak Walton

Comment

Another jig fish from Friday after work. That little flurry of activity that we get right around sunset during the summer months seems to be developing.

Dave

Wilderness Systems Ride 115

Comment

Nice one!
                    Zack
                    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
                    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
                    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Great fish Dave!! I haven't hooked into a largemouth since before the spawn. I'm gonna have to make some time to hit the local lakes again. Lol I always tell people the largest bass I've got was while picking out a bird's nest. Taught me to slow things down from time to time. Great job !

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk
                      Tan-Tarpon 140
                      Lime-Pelican Matrix
                      Yellow-Scrambler XT

Comment

Working...
                      X