Lowrance Elite 4 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowrance Elite 4 Problem

My fishing has been very limited this year...as has my activity on the board. I was out for the first time two weeks ago and everything was working fine except for the fish who chose not to show. I went out again Saturday morning and my Elite 4 refused to come on. The battery is good and I have voltage at the cable.

I took my toddler out after the first trip and ended up kicking the back of the unit (not hard) as I was climbing in around/over him. I have a hard time believing that would have done it but that is the only thing I can think of. Any thoughts? I've tried pulling and replacing the plug multiple times with no luck.
    LL Bean (Perception) Manatee DLX Angler 9.5'
    Hobie Pro Angler 12

Do you have an inline fuse? If so, check that.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

I do, but I have power at the plug (after the fuse).
      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I was an aviation electronics technician in the Navy. Do what we did. Drop check it.
        Tarpon 120, no electronics, no pedals.
        Tarpon 100, the karma boat.

Comment

Looks like one of the pins is a little corroded. If that's not it I'll try Backdoc's method.
          Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
            Looks like one of the pins is a little corroded. If that's not it I'll try Backdoc's method.
            Spray with a contact cleaner and fill the plug with dielectric grease. You can get both at any auto place..
            Mike and son Jeffrey Yellow Hobie Pro Angler
            Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

couldn't find my contact cleaner so I hit the one pin with sandpaper. Granted, it's not perfect and this doesn't address the plug, just the head unit. No love. Hoping it's not Tango Union.
              Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Originally posted by dsiekman View Post
                couldn't find my contact cleaner so i hit the one pin with sandpaper. Granted, it's not perfect and this doesn't address the plug, just the head unit. No love. Hoping it's not tango uniform.
                fify
                Hobie fleet:
                2017 Quest 13
                2015 Outback
                2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                  fify
                  Sorry, damn autocorrect didn't like uniform.
                  Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

I had a similar problem with my Elite 4 DSI last year. After bumping it once, the unit would not reliably power on for subsequent trips. Then one day, it never powered on at all. Using my multimeter, I confirmed I had power at the unit, so I shipped it back to Lowrance with about a week left on my warranty. I never learned what was wrong with the unit. Lowrance gave me the option of getting a refurbished Elite 4 DSI unit, or, for an additional fee, an Elite 5 CHIRP. I chose the Elite 5 and have had good luck with it so far.
                    Golden Papaya Outback

Comment

Baby girl came early. I probably won't make it out much the rest of the summer, so I'll have plenty of time to figure out a Plan B on the FF.
                      Hobie Pro Angler 12

Comment

Working...
                      X