Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

july meet and greet

Originally posted by coop1486 View Post
    There's a motel just outside of StMichaels called st michaels inn. I have no idea how much it cost but only 20 minutes from the launch.
    Hi coop, any place I could park a pickup camper for the night.
    Rich, Valley Mill Boats Kayak Fishing Team ,
    Jackson Kayaks, BigTuna, Big Rig , Coosa

Comment

Just as an update, four of us went out of Lowes Wharf last Friday to do a little pre-fishing for the Meet and Greet on the 11th. We caught a few perch, one 12 inch bluefish, a cow nose ray, and over 50 rockfish up to 19.5 inches.... yeah I know, no keepers, but at least we got some pullage. We had to search for the fish, but when we found them, everyone caught fish. The winds kicked up so we headed back in around noon, so we did not get to try some bottom fishing for spots and croakers. The perch were caught with spinners, the rockfish were caught with rattletraps and a jig head with soft bait. The blue was caught on a spinner too.
      Attached Files

Comment

I am not work on that day. So I will be there. Can you tell me what time is start lunch kayak
        2014 Hobie Outback
        2016 Hobie Outback
        2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
        2nd PLACE
        Slam Division

Comment

Was just reminded (by my SIL) that this is my wife's birthday......so my attendance is now an issue
          Last edited by kevinfry; 06-30-2015, 07:32 AM.
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Ok everyone, the time for the next meet and greet is only a week and a half a way. Check your schedule and sign up for a good time. For all of you new kayakers, this is an easy launch. This might be the meet and great you were waiting for. If you paddle/peddle directly from the launch to Poplar Island, the water is protected most of the time and it is shallow where you can catch stripers and perch trolling and jigging. You can fish around two smaller islands near Poplar Island for a change in pace. You can also stay in the main cove near the launch and bottom fish for croakers, spots, and perch when they are in. They should be there by now once you locate them. You can also fish the deeper channels for larger rockfish. A week and a have ago four of us pre-fished and caught up to 50 rockfish to 19.5 inches, a cow nose ray, and several perch.

Comment

I will be there. Yak67 (Gary). Count me in for lunch also. Thanks

Comment

So far we have 12 signed up for the Meet and Greet and several more checking their schedules. Launch is at 6:30am. I plan on hanging around till 7am before launching to see everyone. Lunch is at 1pm and do not forget to bring a lure for the bucket of lures

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                  A week and a have ago four of us pre-fished and caught up to 50 rockfish to 19.5 inches, a cow nose ray, and several perch.
                  Last evening, Mark and I fished in 4-5 ft depth near the lower end of Poplar Island and picked up a few stripers to 19". Mark caught two massive white perch. All fish were caught throwing 3" paddletails on jigheads (Mark makes his own, and they were effective). We had the luxury of running around in a center console to cover more ground. There are plenty of fishy-looking areas within two miles of the launch point.
                  John Veil
                  Annapolis
                  Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

I caught a large WP at the lower end of the island last year at this M&G. I should have taken a picture of it on the Hawg Trough, it was a citation.
                    Hobie fleet:
                    2017 Quest 13
                    2015 Outback
                    2014 Outback

Comment

I got a 12.75 inch white perch at last year's Poplar Island M&G. I tried every which way to stretch an extra .25 inch out of that fish on the Hawg Trough but I couldn't.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this year's M&G due to a prior commitment on 11 July.

But I think that area is conducive to large perch based on last year's M&G and my catches yesterday. I wish everyone good luck at the M&G. Pay special attention to the sod banks if you want to tangle with some of those nice perch.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
                      Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
                      Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

I'm planning on being there for fishing and lunch.
                        Mark Harrison

Hobie Outback - Yellow

Comment

I'm in for fishing and lunch as well as participate in the bucket raffle also still looking for a camping spot nearby
                          Tom Brown
                          Pro Staff: Balloon FisherKing, Catch 5 Baits, Century Rods, Smith Optics.
                          2012 Hobie PA 14'
                          Ocean Kayak Tident 13
                          2012, 2014, 2015, CBKA Tournament 1st place Crab Div.

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                            Well, here is the early list so far. Don't forget to mention whether you are going to lunch.

Updated: 6/30/2015

Coop1486 (lunch)
                            MOC (lunch)
                            MrJB00G13 (lunch)
                            Cowpokey (lunch)
                            Ronaultmtd (lunch)
                            Ken Kayak (lunch)
                            YakCapn (lunch)
                            Echo5oscar (lunch)
                            DonV
                            Monocacykayak
                            22Tango (lunch)
                            Yak67 (lunch)
                            FishingGeek (lunch)
                            Medicyaker (lunch)
                            Well, so far we have 14 signed up for this Meet and Greet.

Comment

Originally posted by medicyaker View Post
                              I'm in for fishing and lunch as well as participate in the bucket raffle also still looking for a camping spot nearby
                              It will be great to see you there Tom....

Comment

I am trye to talk my wife and daughter into coming....we'd camp at tuckahoe. ......could be interesting.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
                                14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
                                2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Working...
                                X