July 11, 2015 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 11, 2015 Meet & Greet at Lowes Wharf

Ok, now that the successful June Meet and Greet is over, I am now posting about the July M&G that Coop1486 and I will be hosting. Last year, everyone had a good time fishing and many who came enjoyed the lunch at the Restaurant next to the ramp. Coop1486 setup the lunch with the Restaurant owner (Paul) who put aside several tables for our group. It is outside dining with a beachy feel.

The July 2014 Meet and Greet will be held on Saturday, July 11th at Lowes Wharf Marina in Sherwood, MD. The exact address for your GPS is 21651 Lowes Wharf Road, Sherwood MD. It is about 1 hour from the Bay Bridge. We will launch at 6:30 AM, We will be targeting Spots, Croakers, Perch, and Rockfish. There may even be a Speckle Trout or Red drum mixed in, but none have been reported this year. Lunch will be at 1:00 PM at Lowes Wharf Marina Inn. http://www.loweswharf.com which is next to the launch. Occasionally they have live bands there in the summer while you have your meal.

Lowes Wharf is a public landing in Sherwood Maryland. The landing has not been maintained very well, but the Marina has a boat ramp that the owner of the Restaurant will let us use for our event. This area is very interesting since it is the closet launch for a kayak to get to Poplar Island an area known for catching rockfish. There are also two smaller islands near Poplar Island called Jefferson Island and Coaches Island. There are also plenty of shoreline to fish the shallows for Rockfish, perch and Reds. On the Northern point of Poplar Island, boats hang out there and live line for rockfish.

Since weather is always a concern, there will be a plan B launch spot. It is Harris Creek, which is only 5 minutes from Lowes Wharf. Rockfish, Croakers, Perch, Spots and an occasional Reds have been found in this area, but mainly Rocks, Perch , Spots and Croakers.

Please reply in this thread if you plan on attending this Meet and Greet, and also if you are planning to attend lunch, so we can give an attendance count to the restaurant. I will keep a running list of who is attending for everyone.

Like the June M&G we will do the bucket of lures give away. If you would like to participate for fun, please bring a lure or fishing related item to throw into the bucket. Last year we had 26 kayakers signed up, but I think 31 showed up.
    Attached Files

It's been awhile since I've been on here to speak to everyone (been so busy with the new house, weddings, and traveling), but I think I'll be able to make this one!
    Josh

2014 Wilderness Systems Tarpon 120

Comment

It was a good time last year, I will be there!
      Hobie fleet:
      2017 Quest 13
      2015 Outback
      2014 Outback

Comment

Planning on being there

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
        14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
        2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

I will certainly try to make this
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

On that day. If I am no work. I will try to go there too. Sound is fun
            2014 Hobie Outback
            2016 Hobie Outback
            2015 CBKA Fishing Tournament
            2nd PLACE
            Slam Division

Comment

Any cheap/clean hotels nearby that someone can recommend? Its a 2.5 hour trek for me, so a 6:30am launch would be REALLY painful. I might drive down Friday night and maybe even get some fishing in then.

Comment

I know there are hotels in Easton outside of St Michael's, but I do not know how much they cost. I did a quick Google search and found an Econo Lodge that seem to have good reviews.

Address: 8175 Ocean Gateway, Easton, MD 21601

Phone: (410) 820-5555

I called them and they have one night availability for July10th at around $105 for the night. It will be less if you have AAA or some other form of discount. Being it is the summer, they could fill up.

Comment

I will be there.

Comment

Well, here is the early list so far. Don't forget to mention whether you are going to lunch.

Updated: 7/10/2015

Coop1486 (lunch)
                    MOC (lunch)
                    MrJB00G13 (lunch)
                    Cowpokey (lunch)
                    Pat Smith (lunch)
                    Ken Kayak (lunch)
                    YakCapn (lunch)
                    Echo5oscar (lunch)
                    DonV
                    Monocacykayak
                    22Tango (lunch)
                    Yak67 (lunch)
                    FishingGeek (lunch)
                    MedicYaker (lunch)
                    Fast Eddie (lunch)
                    Bohunr (lunch)
                    Goody (Tentative) (lunch)
                    Dimo (lunch)
                    Plastic Boat
                    Zeebyrd (lunch - tentative)
                    Jsnyd86
                    DaddyG (lunch)
                    yakken121212 (lunch)
                    Pc4sun (lunch)
                    Shield
                    Last edited by moc; 07-10-2015, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Ok, I went ahead and booked the Days Inn in Easton since I could get it for $95. Its still a 30 minute drive from there, but its better than 2.5 hours leaving before 4am! Looking forward to it. Maybe I'll try to get some fishing in Friday night too.

Comment

Lunch also...

Comment

Originally posted by moc View Post
                          Well, here is the early list so far. Don't forget to mention whether you are going to lunch.

Coop1486 (lunch)
                          MOC (lunch)
                          MrJB00G13 (lunch)
                          Cowpokey (lunch)
                          Kevinfry (lunch)
                          Ronaultmtd (lunch)
                          Ken Kayak (lunch)
                          YakCapn (lunch)
                          Echo5oscar (lunch)
                          You have me marked down correct! The beer battered rockfish was excellent lunch last year too...I will likely be having that again.
                          Hobie fleet:
                          2017 Quest 13
                          2015 Outback
                          2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by YakCapn View Post
                            Any cheap/clean hotels nearby that someone can recommend? Its a 2.5 hour trek for me, so a 6:30am launch would be REALLY painful. I might drive down Friday night and maybe even get some fishing in then.
                            I've been looking myself and haven't found much. May end up camping at Tuckahoe State Park. Be the cheapest option and only puts you about an hour away.

Comment

There's a motel just outside of StMichaels called st michaels inn. I have no idea how much it cost but only 20 minutes from the launch.
                              2012 hobie outback
                              2016 feelfree lure 11.5

Comment

Working...
                              X