Saint Clements Island (Potomac River) - Heron Island Bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint Clements Island (Potomac River) - Heron Island Bar

Fished Saint Clements Island (MD – Potomac River) and Heron Island Bar looking around for rockfish but only found a few shorts. Pretty much a croaker convention at the bar. Place was covered with them. Could have caught all you wanted. Plenty around St. C as well. A lot of perch and a few spot mixed in. When the tide is right you can paddle up to Heron Island Bar, wade out and cast off to the deeper water that flanks it. Place can be pretty decent at times.

RIMG0305.jpgRIMG0301.jpgRIMG0313.jpg
    Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
    Predator 13

Where did you launch from? Thanks
    Yak67
    2015 Hobie PA-14

Comment

I put in at Coltons Point Marina. It’s a mile paddle out St. Patricks Creek and another 1.50 ish to the Island. There’s a small beach up the street from the museum that is supposedly open to the public that is closer to the island. I used it once but like the amenties at marina so I just put in there. Heron Inland Bar is NE of St. C. You’ll see it on a chart.
      Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
      Predator 13

Comment

Originally posted by Fishtank View Post
        I put in at Coltons Point Marina. It’s a mile paddle out St. Patricks Creek and another 1.50 ish to the Island.
        Next time you might try Cather Marina. Its also on St. Patrick Creek, but its a half mile closer. They have never charged me to launch when car-topping.

I really enjoy fishing there. Dukeharts Channel and the islands have really created some nice holes and traps.
        2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
        Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

Comment

Did the whole Fishtank Crew go? Did you see any Bluefish?
          Any size to the croakers?
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
            Did the whole Fishtank Crew go? Did you see any Bluefish?
            Any size to the croakers?
            Kevin, crew was occupied so went solo. Garden variety croaker with a few bigger ones. No bluefish but Gulps were bit off a couple times.

Croaker.jpg
            Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.7
            Predator 13

Comment

Working...
            X