kayak purchase question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kayak purchase question

so i have a pro angler for myself but i have many friends that want to come visit now that i moved here. that being said, i don't have the money to buy a hobie as a backup just for when friends come to visit. so i was hoping to get some advice from folks on here for a decent fishable kayak under 500 hopefully. as always appreciate the help.
    Rich
    Hobie Pro Angler 2014 (Torqeedo Powered), Torqeedo solar panel with custom frame, Lowrance Elite-7 Chirp, sidekick (modified to fit)

For that price range I would suggest looking for used ocean kayak prowler 13 and 15, as well as wilderness systems tarpon 120. There are usually boat rental place's that like to get rid of their old stock. You can usually pick up a tarpon there for cheap. Keep your eyes peeled on craigslist as well and a deal is bound to pop up.

Other boats to consider are the perception pescador 12 and west marine Pompano 120. Both are the same exact mold as the tarpon 120 with slightly different layouts. Might not see them pop up used as often but from time to time you will see new ones on sale.

Also, dicks sporting goods should be having their annual boat sale in 2-3 weeks. I know the field and stream eagle talon will go on sale for around $350. Though I suggest the other boats I mentioned above over this model, $350 is a hard price to beat if you are looking to purchase a boat for the sole purpose of your friends using it when they come to visit
    Last edited by Mbae; 06-08-2015, 10:14 PM.
    Michael
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
    Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

I have a Cobra Explorer sit on top for sale for $400. They sell new for 800. I used this kayak a few time for light fishing before I got serious and upgraded. I've had it in Nags Head and it performed fine in the ocean, and it does well on lakes and rivers ( it is a sit on top though). It has a built in tackle box/ binocular holder. Do your research though and see if this is something that would fit your needs.
      Peggy

Native Slayer Propel 12.5 Max
      Cobra Explorer

Comment

Working...
      X