Dsi shoot through capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dsi shoot through capabilities

Ok guys so I'm kind of wanting to switch somr things arouns. Currently using a Lowrance elite 5 dsi. Transducer is on a ram arm mount. While this works great when fishing pilings and walls I feel it can easily get damaged to I want to go thru hull and have no worries. So can it be done without any issues?

I just switched over using duct seal and sticking the transducer to the inside of the hull. I mostly use down-imaging but it has been working well so far. Happy to be rid of the transducer arm. Search on "duct seal" for more information.

Comment

I've done duct seal with my older humminbird 170 but it's a traditional 2d sonar model. I wasn't sure if the regular dsi does ok. I know the hdi models do fine and I'd like to have one, but it is what is.

Comment

I have my Elite 5 DSI setup using through hull as well using the duct seal method. The sonar works fine in regular and DSI mode, the only issue you will have is the water temp won't be correct.
        Mike

2015 Hidden Oak Slayer Propel 10

Comment

does the elite 5 dsi have a non dsi mode? only the hdi has traditional sonar along with dsi technology

Comment

I have the elite 4 DSI and had it duct sealed in the hull of an outback. It's now under a pro angler and noticed no difference between in hull or in water. I know when they 1st came out everyone said they had to be in the water but I wanted no part of a transducer arm to deal with.
            2013 PRO ANGLER 12
            2013 Cuda 12

Comment

I block of duct seal from Home Depot costs about $3. I only used 1/2 the block for mine. If my youngest son every gets off his butt and installs his that'll take the 2nd half of the block.

If it doesn't work, you won't be out much money and you can use the duct seal for something else.

Comment

I spoke with a rep from Lowrance because I had the questions about that hobie plate on my pro angler.
                He said it does make a difference having something in the way, The frequency wont be as "clear" but you will still be able to see an object.. basically saying it wont make a huge difference... but you wont get that crisp clear image.. youll just get an image that a piece of structure is there.
                Zach Moore
                Delaware Paddle Sports Fishing Team
                Fishal Custom Baits Pro Staff
                Bait Towel Pro Staff
                2017 Hobie Pro Angler 12
                YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSa...8WkC2WzHhAjVaQ

Comment

Working...
                X