deep reservoir patterns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deep reservoir patterns

just a short note to try the reservoirs in the next 2-3 weeks as the summer bite is on. Canoeing today I got a 4.5lb, 4.4lb, approx. 2lb, then lost another nice fish on a jump boatside (looked like the 4.4 I caught shortly therafter!) Finally about a 8-10lb Striper. Most fish on DT16 in Blueback herring.

Few days before got some notable fish from "the tugboat", my Lowe 1257. Since those fish were non-kayak (like all my fish come to think of it), I posted that report here:

http://www.ultimatebass.com/bass-fis...topic=123660.0

7 ft diving cranks are the deepest divers i have.. guess i need to invest in a few more deeper diving ones.
    thanks for the report!
    Michael
    2016 Hobie Mirage Outback
    Ocean Kayak Prowler 13

Comment

Nice Day...what res was this? Also, were they off the first drop off or much deeper on structure?

Thanks

Comment

t was at Rocky G. the big one was off the first drop, tighter to shore in about 12-14' ft. However, I've been marking pods of bass on 20-25' flats, catching a few too, so don't limit yourself to any one area.

Here is one from today that was caught close to the 29 bridge.

that is all for now.

Comment

That's a nice one! Fishing around the 29 bridge is some of the best fishing in RG, it's far enough from the launches that a lot of (casual) folks never make it that far.
          Hobie fleet:
          2017 Quest 13
          2015 Outback
          2014 Outback

Comment

Great job man!
            Olive Trophy 126 - Moored at Rocky Gorge Scott's Cove

Personal Records at Rocky Gorge
            Largemouth Bass: 21 inches
            Northern Pike: 24 inches
            Crappie: 12 inches
            Channel Catfish: 18 inches

Comment

thanks alot! it was 5lbs even.

since this is a kayak site I'll wrap it up and get back to fishing. later...

Comment

Working...
              X