Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocean City Bayside Fishing

Hey Guys -

This Thurs my wife and I will be heading to OC for the weekend. I'm hauling my kayak because my in-laws condo is bayside and is easy to walk a yak down to the water and get out for some quick fishing. I've never done any fishing aside from drifting down by the inlet so I'm entering new territory. We'll be staying at 'Our Place at the Beach' between 94th St and Old Landing Rd. Can anyone give me some suggestions for bait/tackle ect?
    - Justin
    2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
    2018 Jackson Coosa

Do a YouTube search for "John Skinner fluke rig" and "fluke fishing". Tie the dropper rig he shows and use the bucktail and gulp swimming mullet combo. I use a medium heavy baitcast combo and drift the channels for flounder. I use the same aggressive jigging action he describes and it out performs the lift and drop method. Last year a white bucktail with a white gulp was the ticket. The year before was a white bucktail and chartreuse gulp that worked the best for me. Just make sure your bucktail is white.
    John Skinner just put a new underwater video up of how the flounder react to your baits and rigs. It was eye opening! They don't lay in ambush, they stalk and attack. They also don't gradually take a bait, they inhale it!
    Good luck!
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Chris

Pompano 120
    Pescador 10

Comment

Awesome Intel! Thanks guys!
      - Justin
      2017 Native Watercraft Titan 13.5
      2018 Jackson Coosa

Comment

Have a great time... hittin' the ol bulkhead (surfer slang for a surf check and beach) is great.
        Well anyway...
        It was good to see Sue Foster's fishing report continues (she passed away last year... and I miss her...)
        http://atbeach.com/fishrpt.html

There's also Bill's Sport Shop report that has links to his "podcasts"
        http://www.billssportshop.com/index.html

and if you need some more fishin'/weather stuff look at my signature below has a link to a OC fishing page...

And most importantly... make sure you take plenty of "June Bug Spray" with you...
        (so not to confuse people.. June Bugs are all the little creatures just graduated from high school that "visit" the beach)

Have a great time !

Comment

Haha, June Bugs.

What size bucktails are required to fish behind Ocean City from a kayak? I usually fish from shore around there, so I am unsure of what is required if you are drifting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X