New to SOT and east shore Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to SOT and east shore Maryland

Hi all !! Due to health problems I am heavier and weaker than I have ever been . I have not kayaked much in the last 3 -5 year's . I have been using float tubes for my lake and pond fishing . I have hunted the east shore for 2 years now and want to get into fishing the marsh and bay this year . I have a RV in Madison Bay . After researching the internet for months I have test paddled 3-4 kayaks . Due to the weight of the kayak being very important to me I have gotten a eddyline caribbean 14 . I have had it out on a lake near my house in Grafton NY . I have found that I can get in and out much easier then my sit - in. I feel a little uneasy in it but do not have any problem staying up right . I have yet to see how bigger waves will affect it and me .I have not put any add ons yet . I will add them slowly as I see what I need . I am thinking about outriggers . What are your thoughts on rigging my eddyline up for fishing ? I have no experience with FF , but am thinking about them . Thank You

May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures !!!!

Welcome a bored.

The Eddyline Caribbean 14 looks great from the pictures I've seen on the web, you'll have to let us know how you like it after you get some more time on the water with it.
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Any one have recommendations for fish finder , rod holder's , anchor trolley etc.

Comment

Lowrance Elite-4 or Elite-5.

I made rocket launcher out of PVC pipe.

You can make an anchor trolley out of parts from Home Depot or Lowes. I bought the parts, then took them back when the trip we were planning that would have used an anchor fell through due to bad weather. Haven't used an anchor on my Hobie yet.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

You'll love that boat and you wont feel like you need outriggers very soon. It is just a matter of getting used to SOT ...and a very light one. It will have its own "feel". That is a good stable seaworthy boat. As cowpokey said, two pulleys. Line.2 shackles and ypu have an anchor trolly that you can take on and off as needed. I would not think anchoring is a great idea till you are confident in the boats stability, however.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
          14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
          2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by RIng View Post
            Hi all !! Due to health problems I am heavier and weaker than I have ever been . I have not kayaked much in the last 3 -5 year's . I have been using float tubes for my lake and pond fishing . I have hunted the east shore for 2 years now and want to get into fishing the marsh and bay this year . I have a RV in Madison Bay . After researching the internet for months I have test paddled 3-4 kayaks . Due to the weight of the kayak being very important to me I have gotten a eddyline caribbean 14 . I have had it out on a lake near my house in Grafton NY . I have found that I can get in and out much easier then my sit - in. I feel a little uneasy in it but do not have any problem staying up right . I have yet to see how bigger waves will affect it and me .I have not put any add ons yet . I will add them slowly as I see what I need . I am thinking about outriggers . What are your thoughts on rigging my eddyline up for fishing ? I have no experience with FF , but am thinking about them . Thank You

May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures !!!!
            did you get the angler version?
            14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
            2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Hi I got the standard one . I felt that the angler did not offer the add ons that I need . I plan to add on slowly as I see what I need . I plan on keeping it clean and simple . I am thinking of getting a fish finder . I have never used one but think one would be helpful and fun . I am very anxious to get back to Maryland and into the bay and march . I have things I need to get done up here but hope to be back down by mid June .

May life's simplest things bring you the greatest pleasures !!!

Comment

Working...
              X