June 6th, CCA Maryland Youth Fishing Derby, Carroll County, MD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 6th, CCA Maryland Youth Fishing Derby, Carroll County, MD

The Central Region Chapter of CCA Maryland and Carroll County Recreation and Parks is hosting a fun Youth Fishing Derby at the Piney Run Park, Sykesville, MD on June 6th, 7am - 11am which is Sponsored by Bass Pro Shops! Kids that enter will receive a cool T-shirt with plenty of give aways from Yo-Zuri Lures, Bomber Saltwater Grades Lures, BKD Lures, CCA Maryland, and Maryland DNR. A variety of fishing related activity stations will be set up including a Casting Contest sponsored by @Steve Fogle & Backyard Custom Rods. He custom crafted another great rod for some lucky youth angler skilled enough to win the casting contest. However, BKD lures is assuring each kid participating doesn't go away empty handed! Thanks to Okuma Reel's for donating an Avenger spinning reel to compliments Steve's custom rod.

Bring your kids next Saturday for the start of National Fishing Week! Dad's, this is (1) of Maryland's free fishing days, so other family members new to fishing can fish without a license on this day.

Please pre-register at www.pineyrunpark.org, scroll down to YOUTH PANFISH DERBY.

2015 Youth Derby TShirt.jpgCCA 2015 Youth fishing derby poster-page-001.jpg

Way long ago my pops and I did this (I think I was 6 or 7). Got second place with a jumbo bluegill lol. Awesome that they're still doing this.
    Zack
    Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
    Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
    "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Fun Time

This event was great! I brought my 7 year old son who fished off the bow of my kayak. I didn't fish, I let him make all the decisions re location and lures. He did a fantastic job with bass, got a 16" and an 18" largemouth, but they didn't count in the derby because it was panfish only. He didn't care too much, he was so excited by the big bass, the first fish that's pulled significant amounts of drag on him.

6tag_060615-145127.jpg6tag_060615-145524.jpg
      Mike
      Feelfree Lure 11.5
      Ocean Kayak Zest Two EXP

Comment

Working...
      X