Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBB/Sandy Point Launch 5/29

Hey Snaggedliners,

Got tomorrow off so I'm headed out to Sandy Point State park to fish the bay bridge and try out my new electronics. Going to launch around 0730 and fish the structure under the bridge. If anyone wants to join you're more than welcomed to come, tight lines!
    Hugo
    Jackson Cuda 12, Green Hornet
    USMC Retired

I'll be thinking about everyone fishing tomorrow while I'm at work...

See if you can catch some spot and use them for live lining. I haven't had a lot of luck catching them around the Bay Bridge, but did find a couple spot (last year) where the red arrow points in the attached picture.
    spot-spot.jpg
    Hobie fleet:
    2017 Quest 13
    2015 Outback
    2014 Outback

Comment

Thanks for the info I'll hit that spot tomorrow. I'm bringing sabiki rigs and bloodworms too. (Correction I will be using modified 2 hook only sabiki rig) haha thanks John V.
      Last edited by TXfly16; 05-28-2015, 07:48 PM.
      Hugo
      USMC Retired

Comment

I normally use a high-low rig with fish-bites (bloodworm "flavor") to catch spot. I have no idea if they are up as far as the Bay Bridge yet, but heard they are starting to show up not that much farther south.

Hope you do some catching. Please report back on how you do.
        Hobie fleet:
        2017 Quest 13
        2015 Outback
        2014 Outback

Comment

Sad to report that I had a skunk yesterday in the kayak. I stopped at Angler's for some blood worms, shrimp, and bkds. I launched out of SPSP around 0730, paddled out to south of the bridge a little to try the rocks, no luck. I started out with soft plastics, then crank baits no hits. Then went over to the spot Cowpokey recommended and I thought I had hit the jackpot because I was marking so many fish. I trolled around the mess of crab pots for about 2 hours with no hits. I decided to switch and target perch or anything that might be attracted to blood worms/shrimp/fish bites. Had very small bites with no hookups so I figured they were all bait fish stealing it. I tried smaller hooks with no luck. I picked up and paddled to the rock pilings in the middle of the bay bridge trolling along the way. I stopped and hit every other piling also with no hookups. I paddled out to where the water was about 35 ft and plenty of boating anglers anchored jigging the pilings. No one was catching anything and soon I was all to myself under the bay bridge. Ended paddling back on the North side of the bridge and followed the depth contours until I was back in. I have no clue why there was no bite, maybe the storms from yesterday had messed everything up. It was my very first skunk of the year. Meanwhile the winds were very high and not what any forecast had said. The highest wind forecast was for 7 kph ended being around 15 kph. Hopefully everyone else had better luck than I did, tight lines!
          Hugo
          USMC Retired

Comment

Hugo,

Some days are like that.

Thanks for the report.
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Everyone I talked to in the afternoon as well as me skunked out as well. One of those days, everything was dead. I couldn't give away bait for free.
              -Omid

2015 ivory outback

Comment

The spot, croaker, perch bottom fish bite there trends to start up mid to late June and that when the live lining should start up. Better luck next time, it's a bit if a transition time right now for the bridge IMHO
                Ryan
                Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
                Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Working...
                X