No announcement yet.

Father's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's awsome guys, I'm going to make it out later this week if not tomorrow afternoon. I may have to try that park instead of my old standby. That largemouth is a monster btw! If you guys are going out next weekend and don't mind me tagging along I might join you guys.

jffoley,
    I know you said you wanted to go out to Leesylvania, do you have anytime afterwork this week?
    www.anglerswithoutborders.com
    Travel. Explore. Fish.

Comment

He used a frog to catch the snakehead and 60 pound test braid-he caught it within fifty yards of me in the same general spot I got the first snakehead hit-

I would like to go again, but I have to fly out to Tullahoma, Tennessee, Wednesday for work- I get back late Friday and the family has reserved my time this weekend- wife has asked me to help her Saturday at Lowes with picking out countertops and paint for a small (sort of) kitchen remodel- Sunday I promised them a movie and dinner out- so I can't do it this weekend- but maybe next week we could slip out one afternoon and fish until dark-
      This is a cool picture-

Last edited by ronaultmtd; 06-20-2011, 10:02 PM.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

That biggie was hungry!

I think that's the area when you and I were fishing in the paddies, right? I saw you chatting with him as I exited the area to move across the river.

I'm going this Fri or Sat. Not sure yet.

For those who need some particulars about the area, see my post (posted today) in the July 9 M&G Snakeheads thread under Main Forum.
        2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
        2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Tufnik- that is exactly right- the area where I pushed through the lilly pads and you followed me in- he was fishing the outer rim inside the lilly pads-

Good luck, I hope you catch a monster- and keep me posted-
          "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
          2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
          "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
          Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Excellent report. Even if you didn't land any snakeheads, those bass and the perch are nice. I'm stoked for this M&G.
            Yellow Hobie Revo Rube Goldberg
            Yellow Tarpon 120

Comment

Went out to Mattawoman today, Friday, and hit the water about 1030 am. This time I went south of the launch point, maybe 300-400 yards. There's a large lily pad area with paths here and there. Lots of cover too. Too bad, after 4 hrs, caught nothing. Used crankbait, spinner and mostly the frog. Didn't see anything big either. I think the fishes were on vacation, but will return 4th of July weekend.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
              X