Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gargatha Sat, 5-23-15

Gargatha Sat, 5-23-15

Chincoteague was a bust, so I was glad to go to Gargatha. I was on the water 0630 hrs. It was low tide so the ride out was easy and I able to cross the inlet onto the ocean.

Met a retired local yaker at the launch, and I am thankful he gave me a lot of tips on how and where to fish the area. Half the time I followed him, so I fished the channel, the inlet, and up toward Kegotank Bay. I jigged a tandem rig with a white 1 ounce bucktail jig and white Zoom fluke lure.

At the end of the day, I talked to some boaters at dockside. A boater and his partner caught about 20 flatties (7 were keepers). An angler couple caught several flounder including two keepers. A boater and his wife fished the island with surf rods, and he caught a least one big striper. Another boater caught several flounder.

I caught the following:
    - Six flounder (1 keeper @ 18.5", 1 come-off at yak-side (Dang! It was keeper size), 4 shorts)
    - 1 bluefish @ 18"

A very nice day to fish.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tufnik; 05-24-2015, 09:55 AM.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Looks like a beautiful place, it's been too long since I've been on the yak....
    Ryan
    Blue 2016 Hobie Outback
    Chesapeake Bay Kayak Anglers, Inc

Comment

Does look like a very beautiful place. Efrin, would you mind posting or pm me the launch location?
      -Mustafa
      ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
      2016 Hobie Outback
      2012 Hobie Revolution 13
      "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

That looks like a nice place.

Outback 2015
        Maui

Comment

Tufnik,
          Are you heading for CBBT soon? I am.

Joe
          Fish like there's no tomorrow.
          Youtube UserID: ComeOnFish01 (Over 300 kayak fishing videos in mid-Atlantic (DE, MD & VA)
          https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKb...JtmNcSJBi2Sazg

Comment

Slipped down there for a few hours this afternoon. Water was super dirty from the hard South wind. No fish between three of us in about 3 hours. Called it a day and returned home.

Hobie Fishing Team Member
            Survival Products, Salisbury, MD

2017 Camo Hobie Outback
            2015 Olive Hobie Outback

Comment

Ryan, you must be baby-bonding.

Actually, Ravens posted his Gargatha fishing report last year, and so I fished there for the first time last fall. I like this place, even though it takes be four hours to get there.

CBBT, here I come!

Yeah, the water today was dirty at OC too. No flounder bite.
              2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
              2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Working...
              X