Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perch/spot/croaker sightings in the bay

Hi all,

Anyone seeing spot, perch or croacker yet in the middle bay? (Pax to Severn) Wondering if it's time to stich from trying to catch big fish to trying to catch many fish (or to try livelining again)

Thanks,
    Chesapeake Beach Bum.

Cluttering up the twin beaches

Surf/shore fishermen I know were slaying BIG croaker at drum point this weekend. I have seen schools on fish finder but have not targeted them myself.....drum point is private access in so. Calvert county

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    14.5 ft Sand colored Malibu X-Factor "the promise"
    2010 Hobie Outback "the Gift Horse II"

Comment

Originally posted by kevinfry View Post
      Surf/shore fishermen I know were slaying BIG croaker at drum point this weekend. I have seen schools on fish finder but have not targeted them myself.....drum point is private access in so. Calvert county

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
      Where's drum point ?
      John Hostalka

Delaware Paddlesports and
      Hobie Fishing team member

2018 Camo Hobie Outback
      2015 Hobie Outback

Comment

Perch are in the Severn, not in large numbers. Got three this morning on spinners
        John Rentch
        Annapolis

Native Ultimate 12 FX Pro
        Hobie Revolution 11

Comment

Somebody posted this on Tidalfish on Monday:

"Happy Monday Folks!

My husband and I experienced an enjoyable evening fishing at Solomons Pier Thursday evening (May 14) and we caught these beauties (her photo shows a mess of croaker and perch in a cooler). We're so thankful for the ability to fish Maryland waters and am grateful for the variety as well.
          I hope you all can get out there and catch some.

We also went to Benedict in Prince Frederick and fished from the shore Tue, May 12th and caught tiny white perch and 1 keep croaker.

Have a great day everyone!"
          John Veil
          Annapolis
          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by jhoss View Post
            Where's drum point ?
            Southern Calvert County

Comment

caught my first white perch of the season in the Severn this week, but they do not appear to be there in large numbers yet. I also fished the South River yesterday for perch and did not have any luck
              Jackson
              Jackson Cuda 12
              Field and Stream SOT
              "It is often beyond our reach to describe to others the effect upon the soul that the fellowship of men upon a river, rod in hand, brings." John Eldredge

Comment

12 - 14" croakers at Bushwood, along with plenty of kitties

Comment

Thanks all,

Sounds like Friday's run out of Rose Haven will include hitting the oyster beds. Time to start with that "bait-in-the-fridge" time of year that the rest of my family really loves.
                  Chesapeake Beach Bum.

Cluttering up the twin beaches

Comment

Originally posted by Capt C-Hawk View Post
                    12 - 14" croakers at Bushwood, along with plenty of kitties
                    Hey Bob,

Where is a good launch in bushwood? I always here of the area but don't know which launch people usually go out of.

Thanks
                    -Mustafa
                    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                    2016 Hobie Outback
                    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

Drum Point is where the Patuxant River enters the bay. The ramp at the bridge at Solomons would be a bit far for a yak to go to the point. Primarily because it is big water and if wind and tide are wrong you could have problems returning. However if you go under the bridge a short distance there is good fishing just up the river. There's a point the juts out . You can't miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMasgouf View Post
                        Hey Bob,

Where is a good launch in bushwood? I always here of the area but don't know which launch people usually go out of.

Thanks
                        Bushwood Wharf has a boat lunch right next to the pier. I think it is free. Check out this video for tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1h_60mNm5w
                        Green Old Town Loon 111
                        Vibe Sea Ghost 110 - TeamGreen

Comment

Originally posted by mepps3 View Post
                          Bushwood Wharf has a boat lunch right next to the pier. I think it is free. Check out this video for tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1h_60mNm5w
                          Aha! I remember that video! Thanks for reminding me bro
                          -Mustafa
                          ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
                          2016 Hobie Outback
                          2012 Hobie Revolution 13
                          "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

The launch is free - from the St Mary's county web site for boat and kayak launches:

Route 242 to end of Route 239 - Landing with boat ramp and pier. It's a lovely drive to a beautiful spot. Quade's Store is nearby, so pick up a crabcake sandwich and an iced tea for an instant picnic. Ample parking is available at this site. Public landings are open from sunrise to sunset. 36803 Bushwood Wharf Road, Bushwood, MD 20618
                            Mike
                            Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

Yeah...hearing NICE croaker there at Bushwood right now

Comment

Working...
                              X