No announcement yet.

Hobie Cart Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 on what Carter said, bungeeing to the back. You can submerge the foam tires, but the balloon tires definitely require a second hand, because it takes a crazy amount of effort to submerge them low enough to fit in the scupper. If help is not available, you need to do the two trips. Take all your gear to the car and then come back, put the kayak on its side and slip the tires on.

At least that's how I've been doing it or seen it done
    -Mustafa
    ابو مسقوف AbuMasgouf (Aboo-Mas-goof ): Fish Roast Papa
    2016 Hobie Outback
    2012 Hobie Revolution 13
    "Be humble to whomever you learn from and whomever you teach."-- Imam al-Sadiq (as)

Comment

I'll just add my $0.02 here as well. With the sport model, weight is my biggest issue since max load is 225lb. So carrying the cart on board, just with its extra few pounds, doesn't work for me. Thus, the two trip scenario like Joe mentioned is what I do.

I will add my technique for cart removal and installation that doesn't require water submersion: Once at the launching location, unlatch the lock on the cart, lift the rear portion of the kayak and reach with my foot to step on the axel and pull the cart out of the scupper holes. When returning to shore, remove all items not strapped down and roll kayak on its side. install the cart, roll back over and go.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
      X