Piney Point 5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piney Point 5/18

Got to Piney Point this morning a little before 6 and knew I had a small window before dead low tide set in at 8:30. Caught 7 stripers by 7:45 with the biggest being 19" and most in the 14" to 16" range. The current slowed and so did the fishing. Didn't want to hang around for 2 hours waiting for the tide change so came back in. The bait of choice was a 5" Z-Man paddle tail in a white/blue pearl color. The fish were pecking at it instead of inhaling so having a rod in hand was critical to catching them. Going back out tomorrow morning as there will be an additional hour of current before low tide.
    Mike
    Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Good job! The zmans are really working this year! I was using an opening night and an electric chicken this Saturday and I usually only use electric chicken in the late summer/fall. But I was completely thrown off when I got ahold of a nice one on the electric chicken and not the opening night (which I've caught over 100 stripers on this season). So now I just need to make up my mind on which combo I want to throw at them this summer
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

I fished Piney Point on the 14th the last hour before low tide- had 6 fish - two over 20, one 28 inch keeper I used two rods trolling the edges of the channels 3/4 oz. chartreuse bucktail with a 4 inch Fat Sammy Shad (chartreuse) double rig with a 1/4 oz. wide gap jighead with same Sammy Shad body...on the other rod all white same setup- 3/4 oz. bucktail (barbs mashed flat on all rigs) and 1/4 jighead rigged exactly the same as the chartreuse setup only white.
      "Lady Luck" 2016 Red Hibiscus Hobie Outback, Lowrance Hook2-7TS
      2018 Seagrass Green Hobie Compass, Humminbird 798 ci HD SI
      "Wet Dream" 2011 yellow Ocean Prowler 13
      Charter member of Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club

Comment

Good info. I found them close to the launch and didn't venture out to the channel edge. I think you can now have barbs in the Potomac.
        Mike
        Pro Angler 14 "The Grand Wazoo"

Comment

nice. too bad piney pt is way to far for me. =(

Comment

Working...
          X