CHSP 5-17 All good things must come to an end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHSP 5-17 All good things must come to an end

My friend and I decided to try one last time at Cape Henlopen State Park for blues today. We couldn't go yesterday as we were at a Heroes On The Water event in NJ. I figured the blue run was coming to an end. Two weeks ago the water temps were around 56 today the were almost 65.

We hit the water around 10:30 and pulled out at 5:00. The place was a ghost town. No fleet of boats and only a few sea kayaks. The big schools of fish were no where to be found. We hunted for them and didn't see any signs of the huge schools that were there previously. We would see some stragglers in the fish finder but they could have been anything. I had 4 hooked up today but think two of them may have been the same fish on two different rods. I fought him all the way to the boat and he jumped out of the water and literally bounced off my kayak spitting the hook in the process. All in all we only landed one of 6 bites.

I think it's time to go back to bass fishing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willf650; 05-17-2015, 07:46 PM.
    1980 Something Old Town Canoe
    2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
    2015 Coosa HD
    2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
    2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

You did well. I went yesterday, Sat. Few boats and yakers out there. I didn't see anyone catch a blue, including myself. I even tried your area.
    2015 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2011 Hobie Outback (yellow)
    2009 OK Prowler Trident 13 Angler (orange)

Comment

Thanks for the report. I am happy that I had a chance to experience the good bite earlier in the week. It was a real treat while it lasted.
      John Veil
      Annapolis
      Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Originally posted by tufnik View Post
        You did well. I went yesterday, Sat. Few boats and yakers out there. I didn't see anyone catch a blue, including myself. I even tried your area.
        There were no specific areas this time. We covered a lot of water and all the bites were random here and there. We actually went almost to the outer wall hoping to find them in areas we didn't see them before.

There were no multiple hook ups this time. In comparison to the last outings we were just trolling to cover water in hopes a school would appear. My friend was dead set on vertical jigging for them like we did previously and he did get hooked up with two fish but they were probably just ones that happened by.

The only thing that could be perceived as a multiple hook up was when I was trolling and had both rods go off in succession. I honestly believe it was the same fish going from one rod to the other.
        1980 Something Old Town Canoe
        2008 Native Ultimate 14.5
        2015 Coosa HD
        2016 Hobie Outback Limited Edition #56
        2017 Pelican Trailblazer 1000 (38# of portaging freedom)

Comment

Working...
        X