Wednesday 4/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wednesday 4/29

Anyone going out anywhere between the BB and PLO?
    Feel a little cold & sniffle coming on... I may have to call in sick tomorrow.
    2018 Hobie Outback (seagrass)
    Old Town Camper Canoe (red)

I will be at Beverly Triton tomorrow around 10. High tide at 2 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by cryptotek View Post
      I will be at Beverly Triton tomorrow around 10. High tide at 2 I think.
      I should be there around noon.

Comment

Good luck.
        I'm gonna try and get an earlier start. Gonna launch at SPSP for the hard ramp.
        Last edited by buzz; 04-28-2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

You could launch out of Carrs Wharf on the rhode River and make it out to Beverly Triton in short order. I've done this a few times to avoid the sand launch at Beverly Triton beach.

Comment

Me n my buddy will be there around noon sometime

Comment

Caught two in four hours. Sllooow day. Longest was 17 inches. Marked some fish, just couldn't get it done.

Comment

Same here Cryptotek. I think we talked to you on your way out. Fish were everywhere in the 16-17 ft water between 8:30 to 9 am but only landed 1 at 18 inches and missed 2.
                Red Wilderness Tarpon 120
                2014 Papaya Hobie Outback

Comment

I didn't even see this thread till I got home tonight...

Got there about 11:30.... to the sun glistening off the water like a million diamonds... man I love that on the water.
                  It was like a fall day with crystal clear blue skies and small puffy clouds on the horizons... and air temps near 70' .

Wind picked up... although not bad and the chop wasn't either... I had too long of a day on Tuesday.. hardly any food...
                  went to bed around 2am... woke up at 5am... didn't get a chance to prepare anything for today.. so no worries..
                  be casual.. get there when I can.
                  Been in a lot worse wind and chop.. but it certainly tired me out... around 5PM the wind died... ohhh... it was so sweet.
                  Calm water... like a kiss of love. I could have stayed out till midnight... (but obviously the park closes at 7pm...)
                  The wind's summoned their demons again around 6:30... kind of weird.. seemed the same direction... oh well...
                  I had, had, enough.. the last fish.. only about 14 inches had deep throated the lure, it took a long time to extract. And started to bleed... I hate that so much... feeling the pain, and hoping he/she will survive...
                  I stopped counting at 10 fish... tired... happy... the biggest around 24inches...
                  Met some really nice local kids.. well I guess these days they are called young adults, since I'm getting to be an old fart.. anybody under 30ish is looking like a kid... and they gave me some cool local knowledge .

Ahhh.. summer is coming soon... Tasty Snow Balls will be open soon... and Bert's Garage has got a new coat of paint and lookin' quite snappy.
                  Anybody need a riding lawnmower to get that kayak across the sand... Call Bert !
                  Last edited by rob-kayak; 04-29-2015, 10:45 PM.

Comment

About 10 fish for me as well. Biggest was 25" caught in 35' of water. Most were 20"+.

Comment

I was on my way to BB at 8:30am. Traffic was a bitch. About halfway there I remembered the waders... d'Oh! (so much for the early start)
                      After returning to pick them up I decided to stay away from the traffic and head to Bushwood Wharf instead.

Was on the water at 10am with a small breeze and a little chop. This quickly changed to no breeze and water like glass.

Trolled an Xrap on one side and an Alabama rig with 4" white paddle tails on the other. As soon as I reached the crab pots I began marking big fish and bait balls. 1st couple passes I came up empty, but the third time thru I got a hit. It felt big, but alas it wasn't worth measuring... just a teenager... but my first striper of the season.

Made 2 more passes and then the 'bama rig got hung up. Thought I snagged a crab pot, but when I grabbed the rod I could feel that familiar tug. A nice looking rock, she'd get up to the yak and then take off running again. After a few runs like that she tired out enough for me to land her. I couldn't get the lure out fast enough. She kicked and slapped and slimed me good. But when all was said and done the scale on my paddle only showed 25".

After that, I put the Xrap away and replaced it with a 6" white paddle tail on a 24" leader behind a 1/2 oz sinker. But it wasn't meant to be. Four more passes without a bite. I moved closer to the channel and heading out to the Potomac until I spotted the Navy Range Patrol and I quickly turned and headed back. Landed one more in the teens as I neared the crab pots again. All were caught in 15-17' of water on the Alabama rig.

No trophy, but a great day on the water.

Comment

Working...
                      X