Jonas green, Monday 4/27

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas green, Monday 4/27

Gonna lunch outta jg tomorrow around sunrise. If anyone wants to join feel free!
    Malibu x-13
    Andy

I would love to man but I have to go to work to feed our addiction of yaking
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Comment

Was going to but winds don't look good

Comment

I'm hoping that it will be in the lee enough that I can get a couple hours in.
        Malibu x-13
        Andy

Comment

Be careful.

Winds are projected to come directly downriver and build in intensity through the morning.

If forecast is accurate there won't be much lee side protection.
          Mark
          Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
          Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
          Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

Well didn't get to fish for very long but was able to catch a couple.IMG_20150427_072029464.jpg
            Malibu x-13
            Andy

Comment

Nice catch!
              Mark
              Pasadena, MD

Comment

Raptor and I fished in the lower Severn River this afternoon. I fished first in a shallow water spot (3-6 ft) and caught quite a few fish in the 16-18" range. Raptor was working an area with 13-20 ft depth and was having better success. I joined him there and soon was catching one fat striper after another. My largest that came to the boat was 25.5" (shown in the photos).

005.jpg006.jpg

I had another fish far stronger than any of the others. I could barely stop its run even with my heaviest rod and reel. I fought it most of the way to boatside, but it lunged and pulled the hook. I never got to see it. We called it quits after just two hours of fishing. I caught 17 stripers and Raptor caught a similar or higher number. All but two of my fish today were caught on BPS Saltwater Sally paddletails. Off-white, chartreuse, and electric chicken all caught fish. I caught a few on a 4" Fat Sam mullet (larger and fatter than my usual 3" ones). The rigs are shown below.

007.jpg

Over the winter I received a large shipment of soft plastic lures from 12 Fathom lure company. When the lures are molded, they are connected by a "backbone" of the same material. Somehow the 11" backbone scrap came in my shipment. Just for fun, I decided to troll it this afternoon. I had no bites on it today, but will try it again on the next trip.

008.jpg
                John Veil
                Annapolis
                Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Thats it im going asap!

Comment

Way to get out there and get on some nice fish. The stick looking lure sure looks crazy. I wonder if it'll catch anything?

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post
                    Raptor and I fished in the lower Severn River this afternoon. I fished first in a shallow water spot (3-6 ft) and caught quite a few fish in the 16-18" range. Raptor was working an area with 13-20 ft depth and was having better success. I joined him there and soon was catching one fat striper after another. My largest that came to the boat was 25.5" (shown in the photos).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15436[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]15437[/ATTACH]

I had another fish far stronger than any of the others. I could barely stop its run even with my heaviest rod and reel. I fought it most of the way to boatside, but it lunged and pulled the hook. I never got to see it. We called it quits after just two hours of fishing. I caught 17 stripers and Raptor caught a similar or higher number. All but two of my fish today were caught on BPS Saltwater Sally paddletails. Off-white, chartreuse, and electric chicken all caught fish. I caught a few on a 4" Fat Sam mullet (larger and fatter than my usual 3" ones). The rigs are shown below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15438[/ATTACH]

Over the winter I received a large shipment of soft plastic lures from 12 Fathom lure company. When the lures are molded, they are connected by a "backbone" of the same material. Somehow the 11" backbone scrap came in my shipment. Just for fun, I decided to troll it this afternoon. I had no bites on it today, but will try it again on the next trip.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15439[/ATTACH]

Outback 2015
                    Maui

Comment

Outstanding.

Great work.
                      Mark
                      Pasadena, MD

Comment

Originally posted by J.A. Veil View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]15439[/ATTACH]
                        Interesting, what kind of action does it have in the water?
                        Hobie fleet:
                        2017 Quest 13
                        2015 Outback
                        2014 Outback

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpokey View Post
                          Interesting, what kind of action does it have in the water?
                          I did not get a good look at it. It certainly will wiggle around. But I don't know if the fish will think it is something they should eat. I'll give it more trial time later in the week.
                          John Veil
                          Annapolis
                          Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

Working...
                          X