Ft. Smallwood Results! 4/25/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ft. Smallwood Results! 4/25/15

Today was a great day! There was a total of 7 of us out there today. 3 in which I know were snagliners. I took my twin brothers out there today for their first time on big water and we did really well! Between the 3 of us over 20 fish were caught. The biggest in which I caught was a 26" striper. I took my go-pro out for the first time today to record some clips but when i went to record I was actually stopping a mistaken recording that i didnt mean to start. SO the only video I have is the down time up until each bite. But posted below are the 2 biggest of the day.IMG_1510.jpgIMG_1511.jpg
    Zach Bennett
    Linthicum MD
    2014 Hobie Outback
    Instagram: YakinZak
    Youtube: YakinZak
    Email: Yakinzak@gmail.com

Well done. I'm glad to hear the fish are still in that area.
    John Veil
    Annapolis
    Native Watercraft Manta Ray 11, Falcon 11

Author - "Fishing in the Comfort Zone" , "Fishing Road Trip - 2019", "My Fishing Life: Two Years to Remember", and "The Way I Like to Fish -- A Kayak Angler's Guide to Shallow Water, Light Tackle Fishing"

Comment

nice job...I guess I got there after the fish. only had 1 hit but didn't hook it. still nice to get out there.
      it was also good to see all of those snaggedliners out there.
      Brian
      White Marsh MD
      Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

Originally posted by imgonnayak View Post
        nice job...I guess I got there after the fish. only had 1 hit but didn't hook it. still nice to get out there.
        it was also good to see all of those snaggedliners out there.
        I think I saw you out there. Did you have yak wheels on the back of your ascend?
        Zach Bennett
        Linthicum MD
        2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

What did ya troll with zbennett

Comment

Excellent!
            Mark
            Pasadena, MD

Slate Hobie Revolution 13
            Hidden Oak Native Ultimate 12
            Lizard Lick Native Ultimate FX Pro

Comment

zman paddletails and 1/4th oz jig
              Zach Bennett
              Linthicum MD
              2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

yea a cart was on back and I had the crazy bright yellow pants on
                Brian
                White Marsh MD
                Tan Ascend fs12t

Comment

Great day out on the water seeing new faces and a few that were fishing and catching rock fish for the first time. Day started out with wind and turbulent waters. It was slow going to around 10 which seemed to then pick up. I caught 8 total with the largest being 18". Used 3" paddle tails with one line having white and one having chartreuse all on 1/4 oz. Both had the same amount of hits. All together it was a great day our on the water but was fairly slow fishing probably due to temperature.

Comment

Originally posted by mdfisherman57 View Post
                    Great day out on the water seeing new faces and a few that were fishing and catching rock fish for the first time. Day started out with wind and turbulent waters. It was slow going to around 10 which seemed to then pick up. I caught 8 total with the largest being 18". Used 3" paddle tails with one line having white and one having chartreuse all on 1/4 oz. Both had the same amount of hits. All together it was a great day our on the water but was fairly slow fishing probably due to temperature.
                    I saw ya out there! Glad you got some action !
                    Zach Bennett
                    Linthicum MD
                    2014 Hobie Outback

Comment

Thanks fellers for the tips out there yesterday. I was hoping I'd catch my first striper but knew better than to expect.

Managed 4 all day with my biggest somewhere between 17 and 19". The other three were pretty small. Caught all 4 trolling gulp mullets. I also missed a lot of hits it seemed. I probably missed 5+ hits.

But thanks again for the pointers dudes. I plan on fishing a lot more out that way this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Zack
                      Camo 2014 OK Trident Ultra 4.7
                      Blue 2015 Ascend FS12T
                      "WV RiverRat" on Youtube.

Comment

Working...
                      X